- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
This title in other editions
Other titles in the Oxford Shakespeare series:
Julius Caesar (Oxford Shakespeare) (84 Edition)by William Shakespeare
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
The most famous of Shakespeare's Roman tragedies, Julius Caesar was written and first performed in 1599, and was apparently one the plays his contemporaries enjoyed most. Recounting the death of Caesar on the steps of the Senate house, the play offers some of Shakespeare's finest scenes: Antony's skillful speech at Caesar's funeral, and the quarrel and reconciliation between Brutus and Cassius with the news of Portia's death. This edition includes a fresh consideration of the play's date and its place in the Shakespeare canon and examines how Shakespeare reshaped his sources (primarily North's translation of Plutarch's Lives).
Featuring one of Shakespeare's most complex histories, this revised and repackaged edition includes an updated bibliography, suggested references, stage and film history of the play, and an overview of Shakespeare's life. Young Adult.
About the Author
Arthur Humphreys is Emeritus Professor of English at the University of Leicester.
Table of Contents
1. Design, Synthesis, and Structure of Alicylic Diol Hosts, R. Bishop and I.G. Dance
2. Calixarene Chemistry: An Overview, C.D. Gutsche
3. Inclusion of Ions and Neutral Molecules in Calixarenes, G.D. Andretti, F. Ugozzoli, R. Ungaro and A. Ponchini
4. Inclusion by Acetylenic Alcohols and Some Other Novel Host Compounds, F. Toda
5. Scissor Type Hosts: Molecular Design and Inclusion Behaviour, E. Weber
6. Inclusion Behaviour: New Hosts for Molecular Recognition and Encapsulation of Guest Compounds, P. Ebmeyer and F. Vogtle
7. Lariat Ethers, G.W. Gokel
8. Bridged Pyridine Hosts, T.W. Bell and S. Sahni
9. Recent Advances in Multidentate Anion Complexation, H. E. Katz
10. Structural Aspects of Organic Clathrates in Relation to Molecular Recognition, I. Goldberg
11. Catalytic Applications of Cyclophanes, Y. Murakami, J. Kikuchi, and Y. Hisaeda
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like