- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Concepts of Programming Languages 5TH Editionby Robert W Sebesta
Synopses & Reviews
Book News Annotation:
A textbook for an advanced undergraduate or graduate course in computer programming that explains how to evaluate existing and future programming languages and how to design compilers. The fifth edition accounts for changes in languages and adds a chapter on lexical and syntax analysis. No dates are noted for previous editions.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Includes bibliographical references (p. 665-676) and index.
NEW! Expands the treatment of parsing from one section to one chapter (Ch. 3).
NEW! Includes additional treatment of scripting languages.
NEW! Offers updated coverage of Java 1.3 throughout.
NEW! Added information on scripting languages.
Table of Contents
Reasons for Studying Concepts of Programming Languages.
Language Evaluation Criteria.
Influences on Language Design.
Language Design Trade-Offs.
2. Evolution of the Major Programming Languages.
3. Describing Syntax and Semantics.
4. Lexical and Syntax Analysis.
5. Names, Bindings, Type Checking, and Scopes.
6. Data Types.
7. Expressions and Assignment Statements.
8. Statement-Level Control Structures.
10. Implementing Subprograms.
11. Abstract Data Types.
12. Support for Object-Oriented Programming.
14. Exception Handling.
15. Functional Programming Languages.
16. Logic Programming Languages.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like