- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Enemies: How America's Foes Steal Our Vital Secrets - And How We Let It Happenby Bill Gertz
Synopses & Reviews
Its the great untold story of the war on terror.
Taking advantage of gaping holes in Americas defenses, terrorist organizations and enemy nations like Communist China, North Korea, Russia, and Cubanot to mention some so-called friendsare infiltrating the U.S. government to steal our most vital secrets and use them against us. And most astonishing of all, our leaders are letting it happen.
In the explosive new book Enemies, acclaimed investigative reporter Bill Gertz uncovers the truth about this grave threat to our national security and Americas harrowing failures to address the danger. Gertzs unrivaled access to the U.S. intelligence and defense communities allows him to tell the whole shocking story, based on previously unpublished classified documents and dozens of exclusive interviews with senior government and intelligence officials. He takes us deep inside the dark world of intelligence and counterintelligencea world filled with lies and betrayal, spies sleeping with enemy spies, and moles burrowing within the FBI, the CIA, the Pentagon, and even the White House.
Enemies stunningly reveals:
• The untold story of one of the most damaging enemy spy penetrations in U.S. historyand how the FBI bungled the investigation
• How Communist Chinas intelligence and influence operations may have reached the highest levels of the U.S. government
• Why Russia has as many spies in America today as it did at the height of the Cold War
• How al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups use official identification, uniforms, and vehicles to infiltrate secure areas and carry out attacks
• How some thirty-five terrorist groups are targeting the United States through espionage
• A startling account of the many enemy spies the U.S. has let get away
• How a Cuban mole operated high up in the Pentagon for sixteen years
• The gross ineptness that led U.S. officials to hound an innocent man while the real mole operated right under their noses
• Why aggressive counterintelligence represents the only real defense against terrorists and enemy spiesand why the U.S. intelligence bureaucracy resists it
Delivering the kind of shocking new information that led Washington Monthly magazine to declare him “legendary among national security reporters,” Bill Gertz opens our eyes as never before to deadly threats and counterintelligence failures that place every American at risk.
Americas enemies, including terrorist organizations, are stealing our most vital secrets to use against usand the U.S. government makes it shockingly easy for them to do so. Filled with headline-making revelations from acclaimed reporter Bill Gertz, Enemies reveals the frightening untold story of the War on Terror.
Also available as an eBook
The author of "Treachery" lays bare the dangers of gaping holes in America's defense, maintaining that the country's enemies are infiltrating the government to steal secrets.
About the Author
Bill Gertz is the defense and national security reporter for the Washington Times and the author of the New York Times bestsellers Treachery, Breakdown, and Betrayal. He is also an analyst for Fox News and has been interviewed on many television and radio programs, including This Week, John McLaughlins One on One, Hannity & Colmes, The OReilly Factor, and The Rush Limbaugh Show. He has lectured at the FBI Academy and the National Defense University. Gertz lives with his family near Washington, D.C.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like