- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
XML Specification Guideby Ian S Graham
Synopses & Reviews
Get inside XML, one of the Web's most important technologies, with this complete and annotated specification guide. XML Specification Guide Bestselling authors Ian Graham and Liam Quin provide the technical reference for XML, one of the most important new technologies for Web development. Whether you are a programmer who develops for the Web, intranets, or extranets; a database programmer who needs to upgrade your system; or a Webmaster who wants to keep your site competitive, this book provides you with the information you need to master all the XML concepts, rules, and programming techniques. Beyond comprehensive coverage of the XML specification, readers will find hands-on guidance to the latest advancements that make XML the most powerful Web language in a world that is increasingly Web-based. Inside experts Graham and Quin provide you with:
* A complete explanation of XML structure, syntax, and rules, built around detailed examples
* A comprehensive specification guide to XML, annotated with helpful clarifications, background material, and illustrative examples
* In-depth coverage of namespaces and schemas
* A detailed discussion of the Unicode character sets and their relationship to XML
* A detailed glossary of important XML terms
* A quick-reference guide to XML features, with illustrated examples of how they differ from HTML
On the companion Web site you'll find:
* Technical tables for Web developers
* Annotated versions of XML grammar
* Valuable interactive tools for exploring the specification
About the Author
IAN GRAHAM is Vice President in charge of Research and Development at Groveware, Inc. He is also Senior Instructional Technology Specialist with the University of Toronto Centre for Academic Technology, where he designs and prototypes applications for networks and the Internet. LIAM QUIN is a member of the W3C Standards Committee for XML.
Table of Contents
XML OVERVIEW AND BOOTSTRAP.
A Basic XML Document.
Declaring Markup: The Document Type Declaration.
Internal Entities and Character References.
Parameter and General Entities.
External and Internal Document Type Declaration Subsets.
Unparsed Entities and Tokenized Attribute Types.
Notation Attribute Types and Processing Instructions.
ID and Name Token Attribute Types.
CDATA Marked Sections and Language Identification.
White Space Handling and String Normalization.
EXTENSIBLE MARKUP LANGUAGE (XML) 1.0.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like