- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
The New York Public Library Amazing U.S. Geography: A Book of Answers for Kids (No Secrets, the Story of a Girl Band)by Andrea Sutcliffe
Synopses & Reviews
The New York Public Library
AMAZING U.S. Geography
Follow a chinook over the Rocky Mountains. Trace the course of the Mississippi River from Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico. Discover where gold is mined and fish are farmed in the United States. Explore our fascinating nation from Alabama to Wyoming, and find answers to all your questions about U.S. geography...
Where is the highest waterfall in the United States? See page 33.
What is a sand sea? See page 40.
Why does California have so many earthquakes? See page 41.
Why are people from new England called Yankees? See page 69.
How many U.S. presidents were born in Ohio? See page 89.
Where did the Santa Fe Trail begin? See page 96.
How large is mammoth Cave in Kentucky? See page 108.
How hot are the Hot Springs in Arkansas? See page 116.
Also in The New York Public Library Answer Books series:
Amazing African American History
Amazing Hispanic American History
Amazing Women in American History
Young readers can explore the United States from Alabama to Wyoming and find answers to all their questions about geography. Illustrations.
About the Author
THE NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY's bestselling reference books include The New York Public Library Desk Reference, The New York Public Library Book of Answers, The New York Public Library Student's Desk Reference, and The New York Public Library Kids' Guide to Research. ANDREA SUTCLIFFE is a freelance writer and editor and a contributor to the National Geographic Desk Reference.
Table of Contents
PART I: THE UNITED STATES AS A NATION.
1. The United States in the World.
2. Weather and Climate in the United States.
3. Land and Water in the United States.
4. People and Places in the United States.
PART II: THE STATES.
5. New England (Maine, New Hampshire,Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island andProvidence Plantations, Connecticut).
6. The Mid-Atlantic (New York, Pennsylvania,New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland).
7. The Midwest (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan,Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota,South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas).
8. The South (the District of Columbia, Virginia,West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina,South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi,Louisiana, Arkansas).
9. The Southwest (Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado,New Mexico, Arizona).
10. The West (Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah,Nevada, California, Hawaii).
11. The Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, Alaska).
The New York Public Library s Recommended Reading List.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
» Children's » Geography » General