- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
The Feng Shui of Loveby T Raphael Simons
Synopses & Reviews
The Feng Shui of Love shows readers how the design of their home affects their outlook on life, which in turn affects their personal and romantic relationships. The book begins with two questionnaires for the reader: the first helps to define the reader's best points; the second helps them figure out the conditions they want in a relationship. The author then helps the reader establish their personal and relationship elements — water, metal, fire, wood, or earth — through easy-to-follow charts. The first section ends with a brief description of the 60 personality types found within Chinese astrology, in order to help the reader find the types they are most compatible with.
The second half of the book offers detailed yet practical solutions to home decorating that help the reader achieve a loving environment, whether it's a home for one or two or a family. Chapters focus on different areas of the home: the main entrance as a calming transition between outdoor and indoor, who should sleep on which side of the bed; how to distribute warm and cool colors; and the best way to arrange furniture in the living room to encourage social ease. This section includes a number of actual case studies, helping the reader better understand their own priorities in creating comfortable, positive, and loving homes. With 80 illustrations, numerous charts, and beautiful examples of calligraphy to be used as talismans, The Feng Shui of Love shows that home is definitely where the heart is.
The author of "Feng Shui Step by Step" and "Feng Shui Strategies for Business Success" turns to his most appealing topic yet: the role of feng shui decorating in promoting romance. 100 line drawings.
T. Raphael Simons, America's leading feng shui expert, teaches readers how to transform their homes to attract, enhance, and enrich romantic love in their lives. Based on ancient Taoist secrets that join feng shui and Chinese astrology, Simons method is personalized through questionnaires and individualized charts. Readers will learn how to use their own personal styles of relating, relationship elements, and areas of special interest to arrange their homes in a personally meaningful and effectual way.
With THE FENG SHUI OF LOVE you can:
· Read your personal horoscope and your astrological compatibilities with others in your life
· Read your romantic fortune according to your doors compass direction
· Discover your personal element, your relationship element, auspicious compass directions for aligning your furniture, and auspicious colors
· Discover your yin/yang style of relating
· Discover which element you favor most in your life and what it means for you
· Learn how to neutralize negative energy through the use of objects and colors
· Learn how to achieve perfect harmony and balance in your environment
· Learn detailed yet practical solutions for achieving a nurturing, loving environment
What Our Readers Are Saying