- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
The Change Before the Change: Everything You Need to Know to Stay Healthy in the Decade Before Menopauseby Laura Corio
Synopses & Reviews
The Essential Book for Every Woman Over 35
Youre in the prime of life. As far as you know, menopause could be years away. So why is your body sending you such weird messages?
Women today cant afford to lose time and energy to the common, but often misdiagnosed, symptoms of perimenopause — from mood swings and stubborn extra pounds to hot flashes and insomnia — that precedemenopause by as much as a decade.
In this lively and solution-packed book, renowned ob/gyn Dr. Laura Corio provides all the information you need to take charge of your physical and emotional well-being:
• Hormone treatment before menopause, including all the new, natural, and low-dose forms that are making this a safe choice for more women
• Herbs, soy, and other alternative therapies that are backed by solid medical research
• How perimenopause affects fertility — and what to do if you want to get pregnant
• How your skin, hair, and nails reflect deeper changes — and how to make them vibrant again
• Ways to combat cancer fears — and what tests you absolutely must have
• Whether a high-protein diet is right for you — and what vitamins and minerals you should be taking
• What to do now to protect your breasts, uterus, bones, and heart in the years to come
• Diet and exercises to prevent or minimize symptoms, and much more!
Includes bibliographical references (p. -419) and index.
Every woman over 35 needs Dr. Corio's richly informative, irreverent, empowering book that spells out exactly how to maintain peak performance during the roller-coaster decade before menopause.
About the Author
Laura E. Corio, M.D., is a board-certified ob/gyn whose thriving New York City practice attracts women from across the country because of her unique blend of no-nonsense medical advice, extensive knowledge of alternative approaches, and close collaboration with patients. She is an attending physician at The Mount Sinai Medical Center in Manhattan, where she also teaches medical students and residents. She has made numerous media appearances as an expert on womens health. She lives in New Jersey with her son and daughter.
Linda G. Kahn is a writer and editor specializing in health and psychology.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like