- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Weed Control Handbook Vol. 1: Principlesby R J Hance
Synopses & Reviews
This new edition of the Weed Control Handbook
Table of Contents
1. The biology of weeds (A.M. Mortimer).
2. The evolution of weed control in British agriculture (J.A.R. Lockhart, A. Samuel and M.P. Greaves).
3. The properties of herbicides (R.J. Hance and K. Holly).
4. the principles of formulating and application (E.S.E. Southcombe and D. Seaman).
5. The methodology of application (T.H. Robinson).
6. Entry and transport of herbicides in plants (J.C. Caseley and A. Wlaker).
7. The mode of action and metabolism of herbicides (P.D. Putwain).
8. The resistance of plants to herbicides (P.D. Putwain).
9. Herbicides in soil and water (D.Riley and D. Eagle).
10. Evaluation of a new herbicide (L.G. Copping, H.G. Hewitt and R.R. Rowe).
11. Weed control in small grain cereals (D.R. Tottman and B.J. Wilson).
12. Weed control in other arable and field vegetable crops (C.M. Knott).
13. Weed control in fruit and other perennial crops (D.V. Clay, H.M. Lawson and A.J. Greenfield).
14. Weed control in agricultural grassland (R.J. Haggar, D. Soper and W.F. Cormack).
15. Weed control in sport turf and intensively managed amenity grassland (J.P. Shildrick).
16. Weed control in amenity areas and other non-agricultural land (E.S. Carter).
17. Weed control in forest nurseries and forests (D.R. Williamson and W.L. Mason).
18. The management of aquatic weeds (P.R.F. Barrett, K.J. Murphy and P.M. Wade).
19. Industrial weed control (G.G. Fisher, R. Garnett and M. De'Ath).
20. Ecological consequences of modern weed control systems (A.J. Willis).
21. Legislation and other safeguards relating to the use of herbicides in the UK (R.J. Hance).
22. Sources of information (K. Holly).
Appendix of Weed names.
What Our Readers Are Saying