- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Because the Time Is Near: John MacArthur Explains the Book of Revelationby John Macarthur
Synopses & Reviews
The end of the world is coming.
From roadside signs to science fiction films, this slogan underscores our society's nervous fascination with the future. Whether it's a giant asteroid, a worldwide plague, or some other global catastrophe, the end of the world is a terrifying prospect-at least for those who have no idea what it will be like.
For Christians, however, the end of the world should be anything but dreadful. In fact, it should be something we actually look forward to. Why? Because God has told us how the world will end. And He has assured us that the end of this age will mark the beginning of a new, glorious one in which we will serve and worship Him in sinless perfection. Our eternal hope, as believers, is intimately tied to the end of this world.
All of this is laid out in the book of Revelation. Not only is Revelation the inspired Word of God, it is also the only New Testament book that includes a promised spiritual blessing for those who study and apply its message. As such, it is an essential part of every Christian's devotional life. Those who ignore Revelation deprive themselves of a rich treasure of divine truth, and the promised blessings that come from understanding that truth. Join John MacArthur as he explains the book of Revelation in a way that is both doctrinally precise and intensely practical.
Not only is Revelation the inspired Word of God, it is also the only New Testament book that includes a promised spiritual blessing for those who heed its message. If you read and obey the words of Revelation, God promises that you will be blessed.
Why study the mysterious writings in Revelation? Does the end of the story really matter? No book in Scripture has been more misunderstood or misinterpreted than John's prophecy. MacArthur removes doubt and the cloud of obscurity to reveal the only New Testament text that includes a promised spiritual blessing for those who heed its message.
About the Author
JOHN F. MACARTHUR pastors Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, and serves as president of the Master’s College and Seminary. A well-known Bible expositor and conference speaker, he has written more than six dozen books, including the MacArthur New Testament Commentary series and the MacArthur Study Bible. He is the Bible teacher on Grace to You, an international radio broadcast.
Table of Contents
Introduction / 7
"The Things Which You Have Seen" (1:1-20)
1. The Prologue of Christ's Revelation (1:1-8) / 17
2. The Preview of Christ's Return (1:9-20) / 31
"The Things Which Are" (2:1-3:22)
3. The Letter to the Believers at Ephesus (2:1-7) / 45
4. The Letters to the Believers at Smyrna and Pergamum (2:8-17) / 55
5. The Letters to the Believers at Thyatira and Sardis (2:18-3:6) / 71
6. The Letters to the Believers at Philadelphia and Laodicea (3:7-22)
"The Things Which Will Take Place after This" (4:1-22:21)
7. The Throne of God (4:1-11) / 107
8. The Worthy One (5:1-14) / 117
9. The Tribulation's Seal Judgments (6:1-17) / 125
10. The Tribulation Saints (7:1-17) / 139
11. The Six Trumpet Judgments (8:1-9:21) / 151
12. The Little Book and the Two Great Witnesses (10:1-11:14) / 171
13. The Seventh Trumpet (11:15-19) / 189
14. The War (12: 1-17) / 199
15. The Beast and His Prophet (13:1-18) / 213
16. Tribulation Announcements (14:1-20) / 227
17. The Bowl Judgments (15:1-16: 21) / 243
18. The Religion of Babylon (17: 1-18) / 261
19. The Business of Babylon (18: 1-24) / 271
20. The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (19:1-21) / 281
21. The Millenium (20:1-10) / 295
22. The Great White Throne Judgment (20:11-15) / 305
23. Everything New (21:1-22:5) / 313
24. Words of Comfort and Warning (22:6-21) / 329
Notes / 339
Additional Resources / 343
Subject Index / 345
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
History and Social Science » Politics » General