- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
Other titles in the Sourcebooks Shakespeare series:
Romeo & Juliet with CD (Audio) (Sourcebooks Shakespeare Experience)by William Shakespeare
Synopses & Reviews
The Sourcebooks Shakespeare brings the Shakespeare page to life. This remarkable edition of Romeo & Juliet is both the easiest way to understand the play and the best way to experience the full power and depth of the play.
This dynamic book includes an integrated audio CD that showcases key scenes from great performances past and present. You'll experience the play like never before-it's the next best thing to seeing the play performed live.
Each book offers:
* The full play, with line notes and a concurrent glossary
* Scholars and theatre producers discussing the play and popular culture
* Comments from every cast member of a current production.
This is also a very visual text, including:
* Photographs from great performances
* Costume designs and set renderings from different productions
* Production notes that take you inside the stage experience
Exclusive to The Sourcebooks Shakespeare and like no other edition of Romeo & Juliet, our audio CD and unique focus on the play as performed on the stage and on film brings the play to life.
* Ellen Terry from 1911
* The Renaissance Theatre production with Kenneth Branagh, Sir Jon Gielgud and Dame Judi Dench
* Modern scenes with Kate Beckinsale and Joseph Fiennes
* About the 1811 production in Covent Garden, London
* And see how the Chicago Shakespeare Theater's 2005 cast approaches the play
* Page facsimiles from the Garrick-Kemble text from the late 1700s
* Costume designs and set renderings from Sir John Gielgud's 1935 production
* Photographs from Romeo + Juliet directed by Baz Luhrmann
Narrated by: Sir Derek Jacobi
Authoritative and accessible editions for schools and colleges, offering: Complete and unabridged text Clear, concise notes, adjacent to text for easy reference Detailed explanations of difficult words and passages Illustrations to enhance understanding Thorough, updated notes feature: Social, historical, and literary context Insights into the play, and its characters and themes Lively and focused teaching ideas, including drama activities Suggestions for further reading and resources Guidance on Shakespeare's language Biographical and source information Plot synopsis and commentary
This authoritative guide to Shakespeare's classic tragedy features the full-text of "Romeo and Juliet," original essays, production notes, a glossary, and a one-hour audio CD.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like