- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
When Your Sex Drives Don't Match: Discover Your Libido Types to Create a Mutually Satisfying Sex Lifeby Sandra Pertot
Synopses & Reviews
- What libido type are you?: People have different sexual tastes and preferences, which, according to Dr. Sandra Pertot, can be traced to 10 basic libido types--each with a unique set of feelings, desires, and expressions. By learning to recognize them, couples can better understand and work through their sexual conflicts.<BR>- A complete guide to a mutually satisfying sexual relationship: Once couples have identified their libido types, Pertot offers useful ways to manage sexual incompatibilities and, in most cases, achieve a mutually satisfying sex life. Her clear advice emphasizes a combination of increased communication, understanding of differences, and building upon previously established aspects of the relationship.<BR>- Authoritative information based on more than thirty years of clinical expertise: Pertot was compelled to write this book because in over thirty years of experience counseling couples, she's found that mismatched libidos is one of the most common issues with which couples struggle. She's learned to recognize that most sexual problems are not the result of complicated psychological or relationship issues, but rather have completely sensible causes that can be identified and worked out.
Do your partner's sexual needs, expectations, or desires vary widely from your own? While the differences between the two of you can be confusing and stressful, a break-up doesn’t have to be imminent. Now, for the first time, When Your Sex Drives Don't Match introduces the ten libido types — from the emotionally intimate Sensual type to the physically passionate Erotic libido. Longtime sex therapist Dr. Sandra Pertot presents her groundbreaking, highly practical discoveries and insights about:
• How your libido types affect both you and your partner
• Quizzes and exercises to help pinpoint the basis of your concerns, and how to remedy them
• Rational ways for couples to understand, manage, and overcome sexual incompatibilities
• Understanding and overcoming the Cycle of Misunderstanding that causes so much conflict
• Tips on building and maintaining your intimate relationship.
With clear, straightforward diagnostic tools and remedies, When Your Sex Drives Don’t Match will help you and your partner identify, understand, and work through your problems for a mutually satisfying sex life.
Although we live in a time full of information and open discussions about sex, there are many people who are dissatisfied with their sexual relationships. This is often because one partner's sexual needs, expectations, or desires are widely different from the other's, and the results can be confusing, stressful, and often lead to fractured or broken relationships. But that doesn't always have to be the case.
In When Your Sex Drives Don't Match, sex therapist Dr. Sandra Pertot offers couples rational ways to understand, manage, and overcome their sexual incompatibilities. She emphasizes that the meaning of sex is not, and does not have to be, the same for everyone. She addresses the differences between the male and female sex drives and explains ten types of libido which are each associated with different feelings, desires, and expressions. Her aim is to help couples avoid the path to separation through increased communication, understanding of differences, and building on their established foundation to achieve a sex life that is mutually harmonious and satisfying.
About the Author
Sandra Pertot, PhD, is a clinical psychologist and sex therapist with over thirty years of experience who specializes in problems of libido, particularly as they relate to couples. She has worked in a variety of clinical settings and has her own private practice. She is the author of Perfectly Normal: Living and Loving with Low Libido and has written for many publications in the US and Australia, including Woman's Day and Penthouse. Pertot lives in New South Wales, Australia.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » General