- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
The Old Farmer's Almanac (Old Farmer's Almanac)by Old Farmer's Almanac
Synopses & Reviews
Americas best-selling annual publication is also the most beloved. A reference book that reads like a magazine, the Almanac contains “everything under the Sun, including the Moon”—facts, feature articles, and advice that are “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor.”
The 2013 edition, which marks the publications 221st anniversary, will feature
• weather predictions for every day and climatic trends for each season, plus hints of how a low sunspot cycle could influence conditions in the coming years
• the most accurate astronomical data in the solar system, with best-viewing recommendations for every month
• safe and easy home remedies for each seasons most common—and uncomfortable—aches and ailments
• fail-safe gardening tips to ensure a hefty harvest, ideas for using vegetable plants as ornamentals, plus gardening by the Moon
• delicious recipes for homebaked cakes, cookies, and pies; plus readers best bacon dishes
• amusing and enlightening articles on raising children, kisses, and why pets bite (and how to stop them)
and much, much more!
Added value this year:
• 80 full-color pages
• full-color national weather maps of winter and summer forecasts
As surely as the Sun rises in the east and maple leaves turn color in autumn, The Old Farmer's Almanac is back—and it's better than ever!
Recognized for generations by its familiar yellow cover, America's best loved annual and oldest continuously published peridocial (now in its 223rd year!) promises to be "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor," thus once again both fulfilling the mission set forth by its founder Robert B. Thomas and readers' expectations. This edition is packed with wit, wisdom, tips, advice, facts, fun, and recipes, including . . .
• traditionally 80 percent-accurate weather forecasts
• creatures from hell
• readers' wacky coincidences
• making sausages at home
• wildfires' effect on weather
• love potions
• beauty secrets
• odds of almost everything
• unmasked mysteries of plant seed dispersal
Plus, Moon phases and other celestial sightings, tides, gardening tables, best days, and too much more to mention.
Added value this year:
• 96 full-color pages—16 more than ever!
• full-color winter and summer weather maps
• updated Reference section
The Old Farmer's Almanac is often imitated, but never equaled. Accept no substitutes!
About the Author
America's best-selling annual publication, with facts, feature articles, and advice that are "useful, with a pleasant degree of humor."
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Featured Titles » Cooking and Gardening
History and Social Science » Current Affairs » General
History and Social Science » Pacific Northwest » Featured Titles
Home and Garden » Gardening » General
Reference » Almanacs
Reference » Encyclopedias » General
Reference » Featured Titles
Reference » General
Science and Mathematics » Agriculture » General