- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problemby Wayne W Dyer
Synopses & Reviews
SUGGESTIONS FOR PUTTING SPIRITUAL PROBLEM SOLVING INTO ACTION Be an instrument of peace:
· Recognize that the people who can push your buttons your wife, children, boss are your greatest teachers.
· Give yourself a specific period of time each day to be alone and undisturbed.
· Stop yourself when you are making your peace dependent on outer circumstances.
· Get back to nature.
Sow love instead of hate:
· Never take hatred personally.
· Don t allow the hateful incident to linger in your mind.
· Make time to join in the life of a child rebelling in anger.
· Whenever you encounter hate, remind yourself that the person directing that hate outward is feeling hated.
Sow pardon where there is injury:
· Approach any experience of injury with a mind-set of high hopes and possibilities for release from that injury.
· Immerse yourself in the literature of healing rather than that of evil.
· Take care of the sick but be indifferent to the illness.
· Let go refuse to harbor thoughts of illness.
Replace doubt with faith:
· Practice developing a trust in the unknown.
· Develop a private prayer.
· Affirm your faith, not your doubt.
· Give God the credit.
Turn despair to hope:
· Turn despair over to God.
· Don t despair over a particular trend with your children. Visualize whatever situation may be working for them and treat them as if they have already achieved what you thought was in their best interest.
· Don t let yourself be the sounding board for the sorrowful tales ofothers.
· Be persistent in acting as if it is impossible to fail.
Bring light to darkness:
· Practice becoming an appreciator of beauty.
· Become familiar with the literature of inspiration about those who have overcome darkness in their lives.
· Keep your thoughts centered on what you want, rather than on what you don t want.
Send joy in the face of sadness:
· Acknowledge your sadness and then let it go.
· Remind yourself that joy is found in stillness.
· Know that all problems are a result of feeling separate from God.
The bestselling author of "Wisdom of the Ages" provides the essential keys to spiritual connection for solving life's problems. Dyer shows readers how to unplug from the material world and awaken to the divine within.
In this inspiring new book, bestselling author Wayne W. Dyer shows us that there is an omnipresent spiritual force right at our fingertips that contains the solution to our problems — from ill health to financial worries to relationship difficulties. Drawing from various spiritual traditions, especially from the prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi, Dyer helps us unplug from the material world and awaken to the divine within.
The first part of the book provides the essential foundation for spiritual problem solving. In these chapters, you'll read the words of Patanjali, a Yogi mystic whose teachings and practices deeply affected Dyer and informed his realization that the spiritual force is everywhere.
The second half, organized around the prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi, contains specific suggestions to help readers put spiritual problem solving into practice. Saint Francis's legacy is one of love, harmony, and service — putting our collective energies toward what we are for instead of what we are against. Each of these last seven chapters begins with a line from this prayer; Dyer then goes on to offer specific and practical suggestions for applying the teaching to everyday problems. These suggestions include affirmations, writing exercises, guided meditations, and other strategies for putting Saint Francis's words and the wisdom of this book into practice.
Profound and thought provoking, yet filled with pragmatic advice, There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem is a book about self-awareness and tapping the healing energy within all of us. As Dyer writes, "Thinking is the source of problems. Your heart holds the answer to solving them."
About the Author
Wayne W. Dyer is one of the most widely read authors today in the field of self-development. He is the author of many books, including such bestsellers as Your Erroneous Zones, You'll See It When You Believe It, and Real Magic.
A psychotherapist, Dyer received his doctorate in counseling psychology from Wayne State University and the University of Michigan, and has taught at many levels of education from high school through graduate study. He is the co-author of three textbooks, contributes to numerous professional journals and lectures extensively in the United States as well as abroad.
He appears regularly on radio and television shows around the country.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like