- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Spanish Language Edition
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Stories from Latin America/Historias de Latinoamerica, Second Editionby Genevieve Barlow
Synopses & Reviews
Enjoy the tales of Latin America--in Spanish and in English!
In Stories from Latin America/Historias de Latinoamerica, we've placed the Spanish and English stories side by side--lado a lado--so you can practice and improve your reading skills in your new language while enjoying the support of your native tongue. This way, you'll avoid the inconvenience of constantly having to look up unfamiliar words and expressions in a dictionary. Read as much as you can understand, and then look to the facing page for help if necessary. As you read, you can check your comprehension by comparing the two versions of the story. You'll also find a bilingual vocabulary list at the end of the book, so you'll have a handy reference for new words.
Stories from Latin America/Historias de Latinoamerica gives you the chance to
Genevieve Barlow is an experienced Spanish educator and author.
Side-by-side bilingual texts . . .now with free audio downloads of selected passages!
By having Spanish texts and their English translations on facing pages, you will no longer be intimidated by unfamiliar words or expressions. You can find their translations right across the page. You can also use the English text to check your comprehension. New to these editions is access to free audio downloads from mhprofessional.com. Voiced by native Spanish speakers, each download includes 15 to 20 minutes of audio and covers six to eight reading passages.
As an intermediate to early-advanced student of Spanish, you will improve your Spanish reading comprehension--as well as gain an insight into the Latin American cultures--with this engaging book.
About the Author
Genevieve Barlow is an experienced Spanish educator.
Table of Contents
1. The Gift of the Moon Goddess/El regalo de la diosa luna
2. Poor Fool!/¡Pobre inocente!
3. The Toads Spots/Las manchas del sapo
4. Corporal Montáñez/El cabo Montáñez
5. Quetzal Will Never Die/Quetzal no muere nunca
6. Pedro de Candía/ Pedro de Candía
7. The Adventures of Juan Bobo/Las aventuras de Juan Bobo
8. The Lame Man of Olancho
9. The Empty Boat/El barco vacío
10. Margaritas Slip/La camisa de Margarita
11. The Trees of White Flowers/Los árboles de flores blancas
12. Somersault Street/La calle de la Machincuepa
13. Slayer of Sharks/El matador de tiburones
14. The Diamond Ring/La sortija de diamantes
15. The Inheritance/La herencia
16. The Origin of the Nopal Cactus/El origen del nopal
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like