- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the How to Do Everything series:
How To Do Everything With Your Palm 5TH Editionby Dave Johnson
Synopses & Reviews
Now you can get more out of your handheld device with help from this easy-to-follow guide. How to Do Everything with Your Palm Powered Device, Sixth Edition explains how to master the latest features, tools, and shortcuts in clear, straightforward language. Learn to configure your PDA's preferences, HotSync with your PC, schedule appointments, prioritize tasks, and view your address book. You'll also find out how to utilize different wireless options, access e-mail and the Web, turn your PDA into a mobile office, play music and movies, password-protect your PDA, and so much more. Maximize the capabilities of your Palm OS handheld and make your life not only more efficient, but also more fun.
- Covers the most recent Palm OS-compatible models, including the Zire 71, Sony Trio 600, Tungsten T3, and wireless Tungsten W, bringing readers up to date on the latest advances in handheld technology, such as the ability to take and transmit photos, make phone calls, surf the web, and more from handheld devices.
- Includes a chapter fully devoted to Palm OS 6 and updates to all of the core-app chapters to reflect changes made to the latest OS
- Expanded coverage of wireless options, especially Bluetooth and WiFi
- More coverage of the Palm as a source of entertainment, an area that's growing in popularity. Readers discover how to build an electronic photo album, paint and draw, and more on your Palm powered device. An entire chapter is devoted to games.
- The 16 page 2-color spotlight shows you hands-on how to listen to music and watch movies on your Palm OS device.
About the Author
Dave Johnson is the editor of PC World magazineand#39;s Digital Focus newsletter and the voice of Gotta Gadget, an audio blog at ITWorld.com.
Rick Broida is a contributor to CNET and PC Magazine. He is the bestselling coauthor, with Dave Johnson, of all previous editions of this book.
Table of Contents
PART I: GET STARTED
Chapter 2: Get to Know Your PDA
Chapter 4: Get Information In and Out of Your Handheld
Chapter 5: The Date Book and Calendar
Chapter 7: The To Do List and Memo Pad
Chapter 9: Go on a Trip
PART III BEYOND THE BOX
Chapter 12: Utilities
Chapter 14: Music and Movies
Chapter 16: Accessories and Upgrades