- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
This title in other editions
Other titles in the Basic Oxford Picture Dictionary Program series:
Basic Oxford Picture Dictionary 2ND Editionby Oxford U
Synopses & Reviews
The Basic Oxford Picture Dictionary contains 1,200 essential words under 12 topics and addresses the immediate language needs of beginners.
· Presents 1,200 essential words and phrases.
· Full-color illustrations present clearly labeled vocabulary words in large, easy-to-read type.
· Easy exercises on every page give immediate practice with the new vocabulary.
The dictionary is part of the complete Basic Oxford Picture Dictionary Program and can be purchased with additional components, including:
· Dictionary Audio CDs with clearly recorded vocabulary (sold separately).
· Picture Cards: 256 reproducible illustrations for key Dictionary vocabulary (sold separately).
· Workbook: reading and writing exercises for every page, with answer key. (sold separately)
· Four Skills Literacy Program: A comprehensive whole-language, competency-based program that develops literacy skills while also teaching basic oral-aural language. Includes teacher's notes, "look and think," reading and writing exercises, and pre- and post-tests in a convenient binder. (sold separately)
Drawing on the work of leading experts from around the globe, Musicology and Sister Disciplines provides the definitive, authoritative statement on the scope of musicology today and its relationship to other fields of academic endeavour, including philosophy and aesthetics, literary studies,
art history, mathematics, computer science, historiography, and sociology. These groundbreaking papers represent the outcome of a major musicological conference in 1997, and include contributions from the philosopher Bernard Williams and world-famous mathematician Roger Penrose.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Children's » General