- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
More copies of this ISBN
How to Really Stink at Golfby Jeff Foxworthy
Synopses & Reviews
As a longtime golfer, Jeff Foxworthy has learned something important about the grand auld game: Its not who has the highest score, its who has the least fun playing it. And now, in his hilarious primer How to Really Stink at Golf, Foxworthy shares his invaluable tips for a lifetime of horrible drives and putts.
• Get into the right frame of mind to play truly awful golf. Food poisoning or a killer hangover might be just the ticket to a robust three-digit score.
• Try to get to the course promptly at tee time to avoid the hassle of warming up: “Youre only gonna hit five good shots in the course of the day; why waste even one on the driving range?”
• The surefire way to screw up a great drive? As you walk to the tee, keep telling yourself, “Dont screw up your drive.” If bad golfs your goal, stress is your best friend.
• Avoid fun. “Fun = relaxed = low scores . . . and thats something we want to avoid at all cost. If you have a good hole, shake it off.”
• Perhaps the most important element: Embrace the fact that you do stink at golf.
Cheating. Cursing. Avoiding fairways. Reckless cart driving. How to Really Stink at Golf covers it all, from selecting the correct putter to use on a 385-yard drive to prolonging your stay in the sand trap to picking the perfect foursome for spectacularly bad golf (“you, your ex-wife, your girlfriend, your wife”). With Jeff Foxworthy as your guide, even a scratch golfer can add ten, twenty, maybe thirty strokes to his or her score–and possibly more if you attempt to play the back nine, too.
"New York Times"-bestselling author Foxworthy and comedy writer Hartt offer ahilarious, illustrated guide to making sure everyone's golf game stays as badas possible.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like