- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Mass Market
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
Gnostic Gospelsby Elaine Pagels
Synopses & Reviews
A provocative study of the gnostic gospels and the world of early Christianity as revealed through the Nag Hammadi texts.
Table of Contents
1. The Controversy over Christ's Resurrection: Historical Event or Symbol?
2. "One God, One Bishop": The Politics of Monotheism
3. God the Father/God the Mother
4. The Passion of Christ and the Persecution of Christians
5. Whose Church Is the "True Church"?
6. Gnosis: Self-Knowledge as Knowledge of God
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like