- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
More copies of this ISBN
Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophyby Routledge
Synopses & Reviews
The most complete and up-to-date philosophy reference for a new generation, with entries ranging from Abstract Objects to Wisdom, Socrates to Jean-Paul Sartre, Ancient Egyptian Philosophy to Yoruba Epistemology.
The Concise Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy includes:
* More than 2000 alphabetically arranged, accessible entries
* Contributors from more than 1200 of the world's leading thinkers
* Comprehensive coverage of the classic philosophical themes, such as Plato, Arguments for the Existence of God and Metaphysics
* Up-to-date coverage of contemporary philosophers, ideas, schools and recent developments, including Jacques Derrida, Poststructuralism and Ecological Philosophy
* Unrivalled international and multicultural scope with entries such as Modern Islamic Philosophy, Marxist Thought in Latin America and Chinese Buddhist Thought
* An exhaustive index for ease of use
* Extensive cross-referencing
* Suggestions for further reading at the end of each entry
Book News Annotation:
A condensed, affordable version of the acclaimed 10-volume Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy containing more than 2,000 entries in a shortened, accessible format. In addition to classic Western philosophical themes and figures, entries provide unrivaled coverage of philosophies from around the world—including modern Islamic philosophy, Marxist thought in Latin America, and Chinese Buddhist thought. Contemporary philosophers, ideas, schools and recent developments (e.g., Jacques Derrida, poststructuralism, and ecological philosophy) are also covered. Contributors include such renowned thinkers as Kwame Anthony Appiah, Roderick Crisholm, Fred Dretske, Joel Feinberg, Sandra Harding, Martha Nussbaum, Richard Popkin, Richard Rorty, Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak, Stephen Stich, Patrick Suppes, and Bernard Williams.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
This encyclopedia features over 2000 full-length articles and contributions by 1300 of the world's leading thinkers. Entries are alphabetically arranged with extensive cross-referencing highlighting the relationship between them.
The scholarship of this monumental and award-winning ten-volume work is available in one affordable book that brings together more than 2,000 entries from the original in a shortened, more accessible format. Extensively cross-referenced and indexed.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like