- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
This title in other editions
The Jesus Mysteries: Was the "Original Jesus" a Pagan God?by Tim Freke
Synopses & Reviews
“Whether you conclude that this book is the most alarming heresy of the millennium or the mother of all revelations, The Jesus Mysteries deserves to be read.”
-- Fort Worth Star -Telegram
What if . . .
* there were absolutely no evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus?
* for thousands of years Pagans had also followed a Son of God?
* this Pagan savior was also born of a virgin on the twenty-fifth of December before three shepherds, turned water into wine at a wedding, died and was resurrected, and offered his body and blood as a Holy Communion?
* these Pagan myths had been rewritten as the gospel of Jesus Christ?
* the earliest Gnostic Christians knew that the Jesus story was a myth?
* Christianity turned out to be a continuation of Paganism by another name?
About the Author
Timothy Freke has a degree in philosophy and is an authority on world mysticism, with more than twenty books published internationally. Peter Gandy has an M.A. in classical civilizations, specializing in the ancient Pagan Mystery religions. They have coauthored three previous publications: The Complete Guide to World Mysticism, Hermetica: The Lost Wisdom of the Pharaohs, and The Wisdom of the Pagan Philosophers. Their new book is Jesus and the Lost Goddess. For more information on the authors and their books, visit their website: www.jesusmysteries.demon.co.uk.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Metaphysics » Esoteric Christianity
Religion » Christianity » Christology
Religion » Comparative Religion » General
Religion » Western Religions » Gnosticism
Religion » Western Religions » Social and Political Issues