- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
Synopses & Reviews
- There is a great momentum in the marketplace for New York Times bestselling author Mary Alice Monroe--she is a critical and popular success!
- Appearing next month, Sweetgrass (Mira Books) marks Mary Alice's hardcover debut.
- Skyward (Mira Books, 7/03) spent five weeks on the USA Today bestseller list, reaching #44, and five weeks on the New York Times extended bestseller list, reaching #24.
- Skyward received a starred review from Booklist, and was selected for Publishers Weeklys The Year in Books 2003: Best in Mass Market.
- The Beach House (Mira Books, 5/02) spent seven weeks on the USA Today bestseller list, reaching #76 and three weeks on the New York Times extended bestseller list, reaching #23.
- The Beach House achieved an incredible NSR of over 70% and received a coveted starred review in Publishers Weekly.
- Mary Alice's many accolades and awards include two Rita Award nominations for Girl In The Mirror (Mira Books, 8/98) and The Beach House (Mira Books, 5/02).
- Mary Alice is a dedicated member of the Isle of Palms/Sullivan's Island Turtle Team and an active volunteer at the South Carolina Center for Birds of Prey.
- Mary Alice is a frequent speaker at conferences and libraries throughout the country.
The acclaimed author returns to the mystical South Carolina Lowcountry--a place of beauty and untamed hearts--in this "New York Times" bestseller to tell the moving story of healing, hope, and new beginnings.
What Our Readers Are Saying