- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Mountain Bike Magazine's Complete Guide to Mountain Biking Skills: Expert Tips on Conquering Curves, Corners, Dips, Descents, Hills, Water Hazards, anby Mountain Bike Magazi
Synopses & Reviews
Expert tips on conquering curves, corners, dips, descents, hills, water hazards and other all-terrain challenges.
Hit the dirt!
From breaking to bunny hopping, speed jumping to switchbacks-- here are the skills you need to catch big air and experience the best of off-road riding.
* Selecting the right rig for you and your budget.
* Step-by-step drills for clearing obstacles, popping wheelies and more.
* How to hammer it and ride faster than you ever thought possible.
* Seven ways to stay alive by avoiding face plants, biffs and other crash landings.
* All-weather strategies for plowing through mud, rain and snow.
* Pro advice on entering your first off-road race.
* Riding responsibly to save the trails.
* Planning the perfect tour and enjoying a fat-tire vacation.
* Tons more practical info for aspiring and die-hard dirtheads.
You also get skill-building techniques and strategies from world-class mountain bikers, including
* Ned Overend, six-time NORBA national champion
* John Tomac, 1994 NORBA downhill champion
* Juli Furtado, 1995 World Cup champion
* Missy Giove, 1994 world downhill champion
* Tinker Juarez, 1994 NORBA national champion
* Mike King, 1993 world downhill champion
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Sports and Outdoors » Sports and Fitness » Bicycling » General
Sports and Outdoors » Sports and Fitness » Bicycling » Mountain Biking
Sports and Outdoors » Sports and Fitness » Sports General