- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Last-Minute Knitted Giftsby Joelle Hoverson
Synopses & Reviews
Today's knitters are chic, smart-and busy. Although they love to knit and enjoy making gifts for family and friends, they're constantly faced with the challenge of finding enough time to actually finish what they've started. Last-Minute Knitted Gifts solves this problem. Joelle Hoverson, owner of Purl, the hip knitting supply store in downtown Manhattan, has designed more than 30 fun, fresh, beautiful patterns, most of which can be made in less than ten hours-some in as little as two!
Known for her keen sense of color, Hoverson includes instructions for classic gifts like baby booties and bonnets, sweaters, and scarves, plus imaginative options like a cashmere tea cozy, a felted yoga mat bag, floor cushions, and a poncho-surely something for everyone on the gift list. And to make each present extra-special, Hoverson offers easy tips on how to incorporate knitting and other yarn embellishments into the gift wrap.
The owner of Purl, Manhattan's hip knitting supply store, presents more than 30 fun, beautiful patterns for knitted gifts that can be made in less than ten hours. Includes instructions and easy tips on how to incorporate knitting and other yarn embellishments into the gift wrap. Full color.
- Knitting is more popular today than it has been in decades and is being supported by extensive coverage in the mainstream press, including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Time, People, and Martha Stewart Living magazines.
- According to the Craft Yarn Council of America, 38 million women (about one in three) know how to knit with the largest increases in the last few years seen in the under-35 category.
- Joelle Hoverson is a leader in the new generation of young, hip knitters currently fueling the knitting craze that is being celebrated by the mainstream media.
- Almost all of the projects in Last-Minute Knitted Gifts can be made in less than 10 hours.
- According to the Hobby Industry of America, sales of craft kits and supplies surged up 16-percent to a record $27 billion in the first half of 2002.
About the Author
Knitwear designer Joelle Hoverson is the owner of Purl, an upscale knitting supply store in New York City's trendy SoHo neighborhood. Since opening in 2002, Purl has been featured in Oprah Winfrey's O magazine, Lucky, and Time Out, as well as on Martha Stewart's syndicated television show. From 1996 to 2000, Hoverson worked as a senior style editor for Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. She holds a master of fine arts degree from Yale University.
Anna Williams is a freelance photographer based in New York City. Her work appears frequently in Martha Stewart Living, Oprah Winfrey's O magazine, Food & Wine, Gourmet, Real Simple, In Style, Elle Decor, and other national publications.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 4 comments:
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Psychology » General
Hobbies, Crafts, and Leisure » Crafts » Knitting
Hobbies, Crafts, and Leisure » Crafts » Needlework