- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Other titles in the American Girl Mysteries series:
The Curse of Ravenscourt: A Samantha Mysteryby Sarah Master Buckey
Synopses & Reviews
Uncle Gard and Aunt Cornelia's NYC brownstone is being expanded to make more room for Samantha and the three O'Malley sisters. While the renovation is underway, the family moves to an apartment on the top floor of Ravenscourt, a fashionable new 13-story apartment-hotel. Samantha is excited about their luxurious new digs--until she learns there's a terrible curse on the building's owner, Horace Raven From the day Samantha and Nellie arrive at Ravenscourt, one thing after another goes alarmingly wrong. With the heating system on the fritz, rats in the walls, and the elevator crashing, tenants begin moving out. Worst of all for Samantha and Nellie, the little O'Malley girls get sick--and Aunt Cornelia makes a hasty and mystifying departure to visit her mother in Connecticut, leaving the girls alone at Ravenscourt with grumpy housekeeper Gertrude. Are all these troubles happening because of the curse--or is something else scaring the residents from Ravenscourt?
While their brownstone is being renovated, the O'Malley family moves to the top floor of Ravenscourt, a new "apartment-hotel." Samantha is excited until she learns there's a curse on the building's owner. Includes a tear-off bookmark on the back cover flap. Consumable.
- Features beloved AGC character Samantha Parkington and her best friend Nellie in a new story--a spooky mystery!
- Mysteries are an ever-popular genre among girls.
- Meets customer demand for new stories about favorite AGC characters.
- Meets customer demand for longer, more challenging AGC novels--story is written at a fourth-grade level and runs about 100 pages longer than earlier AGC books.
- Written by History Mysteries author Sarah Masters Buckey, a 2004 Agatha nominee for Best Children's/YA Mystery (for Gangsters at the Grand Atlantic).
- Full-color Looking Back.
- Paperbacks include a tear-off bookmark on back cover flap.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Children's » General