- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the American Girl Mysteries series:
Danger at the Zoo: A Kit Mysteryby Kathleen Ernst
Synopses & Reviews
- Features best-selling AGC character Kit Kittredge in a new story--a mystery at the Cincinnati Zoo!
- Mysteries are an ever-popular genre among girls.
- Meets customer demand for new stories about favorite AGC characters.
- Meets customer demand for longer, more challenging AGC novels--story is written at a fourth-grade level and runs about 100 pages longer than earlier AGC books.
- Award-winning author--Kathleen Ernst has been nominated for the 2001 Edgar Allan Poe Award for Best Children's Mystery (for Trouble at Fort La Pointe) and the 2003 Agatha Award for Best Children's /YA Mystery (for Whistler in the Dark).
- Full-color Looking Back.
- Paperback version includes a tear-off recipe card on the back cover flap.
Kathleen Ernst has written two other History Mysteries, Trouble at Fort La Pointe and Whistler in the Dark. She is also the author of four middle-grade novels set during the Civil War, as well as an adult nonfiction book. Awards and recognition include:
- Betrayal at Cross Creek--Children's Book Sense Picks List, American Booksellers Association, summer 2004
- Whistler in the Dark--2003 Agatha Award nominee for Best Children's/YA Mystery; 2003 WILLA Literary Award Finalist, Women Writing the West; 2004-2005 Volunteer State Book Award Nominee, Tennessee Library Association/Tennessee Association of School Librarians
- Trouble at Fort La Pointe--2001 Edgar Allan Poe Award nominee for Best Juvenile Mystery
- Ghosts of Vicksburg--2004 Arthur Tofte Juvenile Fiction Book award, Best Juvenile Novel by a Wisconsin Writer, Council of Wisconsin Writers, Inc.
- Retreat from Gettysburg--2001 Arthur Tofte Fiction Book award, Best Juvenile Novelby a Wisconsin Writer, Council of Wisconsin Writers, Inc.
- 2002 Emmy Award for Children's Programming, Nat'l Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Chicago/Midwest Chapter
- Too Afraid to Cry: Maryland Civilians in the Antietam Campaign--Book of the Month Club/History Book Club Alternate Selection
Kit lands a summer job writing a children's column for her local newspaper. She decides to look for story ideas at the Cincinnati Zoo, where her friend Stirling works as a guide and her old friend Will, the hobo, has a job cleaning cages. As Kit noses around the zoo, she stumbles into some strange doings in the monkey house. Her reporter's instincts tell her that she's onto something worth investigating--and she's determined to get the story.
Visiting the Cincinnati Zoo to write a story for her column, Kit Kittridge stumbles into some strange doings in the monkey house. Her reporter's instincts tell her that she's onto something. Includes a tear-off recipe card on the back cover flap. Illustrations. Consumable.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Other books you might like
Children's » Animals » Zoos