- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Lonely Planet India 11TH Editionby Lonely Planet
Synopses & Reviews
Remarkable, bewildering, totally irresistible – India offers a million different experiences, all at once, all the time. If you seek spiritual enlightenment, the thrill of scaling the mighty Himalaya, or the buzz of a modern hypermetropolis – or if you just want to lie on a tropical beach and count cows – discover the sensory overload that is India with this topselling guide.
Rest Easy in the best accommodation – from budget guesthouses to Rajput palaces.
Enrich Your Experience with our chapters on India’s extraordinary history and culture.
Escape The Crowds and see the India beyond the tourist trail: little-known national parks, remote tribal villages and stunning mountain treks.
Tell Your Kulfi From Your Kulcha with our comprehensive chapter on Indian cuisine, and in depth reviews of restaurants all over the country.
Find Your Way from Kargil to Kanyakumari and back again with the help of detailed transport information and over 200 maps.
Providing a comprehensive guide to a fascinating country, this title details out-of-the-way destinations as well as popular itineraries, and gives valuable insight into Indian society, culture, and languages. 210 maps.
Shield your eyes as the desert sun ignites the sandstone of Jaisalmer Fort, p. 245
Sway side-to-side as you lumber through the jungle tiger-spotting on the back of an elephant in Corbett Tiger Reserve, p. 472
Head for the hills and the heavens: adventure out from Darjeeling on a trek with stunning Himalayan views, p. 542
Align your chakras and get bent into a new position at a yoga class in Mumbai, p. 780
In This Guide:
Twelve authors, 252 days of in-country research, 28 new hotels in Delhi alone
Our new Activities chapter covers wildlife safaris, adventure tours, trekking, Ayurveda and yoga courses
Visit lonelyplanet.com for up-to-the-minute reviews, updates and traveler suggestions
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Travel » Asia » General
Travel » Asia » India and Pakistan