- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Other titles in the Lonely Planet Colombia series:
Lonely Planet Colombia (Lonely Planet Colombia: Travel Survival Kit)by Michael Kohn
Synopses & Reviews
Discover the best kept secret in South America. Colombia is safer than ever, affordable and still blissfully uncrowded - an independent traveler's dream. Laze on palm-fringed Caribbean beaches. Canoe slient rivers through lush rainforest. Stroll Cartagena's colonial old town. Salsa all night in Cali. Packed with practical advice and valuable tips for trouble-free travel, our peerless guide enables you to explore with confidence.
The Basics - detailed maps, tailored itineraries and easy-to-use directory help make the most of your trip.
Adrenaline Rushes - the best spots for diving, rafting, hiking, rock-climbing and other thrills.
Straight Talk - honest advice on where to go - and still risky spots to avoid.
Discerning Reviews - opinionated authors give the lowdown on where to sleep, eat and pain the town.
Colombia 101 - in-depth background chapters provide insight into the country and its people.
Lonely Planet knows Colombia. Whether you want to strill the cobbled streets of colonial Cartagena, bask on a dazzling Caribbean beach, sample some of the world's finest java on a coffee plantation or show off your salsa moves at a packed Cali nightclub, our 5th edition takes you there.
Lonely Planet guides are written by experts who get to the heart of every destination they visit. This fully updated edition is packed with accurate, practical and honest advice, designed to give you the information you need to make the most of your trip.
In This Guide:
Dedicated Outdoors chapter with trekking, diving and paragliding
Sizzling nightlife and dining picks for Bogota, Medellin and Cali
Revealed: La Guajira, the Pacific Coast and other emerging hotspots
Up-to-date guides to these favorite travel destinations include top spots for activities and adventures, dining suggestions, tour opportunities, and details about the area's history and culture.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like