- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
Other titles in the Lonely Planet Las Vegas Encounter series:
Las Vegas Encounterby Sara Benson
Synopses & Reviews
What Will Your Las Vegas Encounter Be?
...contemplating your cards while swigging free martinis at a high-stakes poker table (p.32)
...keeping up with the go-go dancers at 5am (p.130)
...stuffing your face with roasted duck, caviar and champagne at a buffet (p.93)
...looking for 'old Vegas' amid 99 cent shrimp cocktails and deep-fried Oreos (p.108)
...trying on Manolo Blahniks, buying a Cartier watch and test-driving a Ferrari (p.82)
...catching the show then snooping around in the showgirls' dressing room (p.136)
Discover Twice the City in Half the Time...
...full-color, pull-out map for easy navigation
...our fabulous author recommends the very best food, shows, shops, clubs, kitsch, and more
...hand-picked highlights, itineraries and web resources help you make the most of a short trip
...locals share the love: meet an Elvis impersonator, high-limit dealer, the chef of Rosemary's and a Star Trek alien.
Chicago Tribune, August 5, 2007
"...a complete city guide boiled down to its essences, a sort of text-messaged guidebook with photos and quotes from locals geared to a savvy weekend visitor."
San Francisco Chronicle, July 26, 2007
“...this one gets down to business...it packs witty writing, abundant maps (detailed neighborhood views and a citywide pullout) and informative photos into 288 pocket-sized pages.”
Offering a strong focus on the wild and wacky side of Las Vegas, this quick-trip guide features full-color photos throughout and easy-to-use gatefold maps that take visitors to all the hot spots of the Entertainment Capital of the World.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
• We offer travelers the world’s richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
• We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
• When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
• We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
• We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
• We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
What Our Readers Are Saying