- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Micro-Macrame: 30 Beaded Designs for Jewelry Using Crystals and Cordsby Annika Degroot
Synopses & Reviews
Macramé has reemerged with a gorgeous new twist. Evocative of the Victorian-era macramé lace that decorated fashionable womens shawls and purses this accessible new book updates the art of macramé lace with a range of stunning beaded jewelry designs. Beautiful and infinitely versatile, Micro-Macrame shows jewelry makers how to capture the allure of this classic craft by combining it with beads to create stunning items that rival the elegance and intricacy of pieces made years ago---but are easy to make and have a modern appeal.
The book includes:
· A comprehensive introduction to the craft including the five basic knots you need to know to get started
· Detailed step-by step photographs with complete instructions guide you every step of the way
· Practical advice on choosing the best equipment and supplies available
· For beginners and experts alike, as well as all jewelry and beading enthusiasts
· 30 glamorous designs for beaded bracelets, earrings, brooches, necklaces, watchbands, and more.
Pick up Micro-Macramé and all the inspiration and skill you need to create gorgeous jewelry will be right at your fingertips.
About the Author
ANNIKA deGROOTs passion for micro-macramé began over ten years ago when she was inspired to recreate a beautiful bracelet that she found in a gift shop. In addition to exploring and developing different macramé techniques in her work, she teaches workshops on micro-macramé. Her macramé jewelry designs have been featured in Bead & Button magazine.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Hobbies, Crafts, and Leisure » Crafts » Jewelry » Collecting
Hobbies, Crafts, and Leisure » Crafts » Jewelry » Technique
Hobbies, Crafts, and Leisure » Crafts » Macrame
Hobbies, Crafts, and Leisure » Crafts » Needlework