- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
This item may be
Check for Availability
Synopses & Reviews
Once relegated to the backyard patio, today's concrete makes a tasteful statement, and Sunset's second edition of this popular manual provides all the practical know-how homeowners need to create the elegant and chic finishes that distinguish modern concrete applications.
Readers looking for budget-friendly ways to transform rooms and outdoor areas will be thrilled with the contemporary design ideas and easy-to-follow instructions. From planning and sourcing materials to building and finishing techniques, Decorative Concrete provides detailed directions to help readers create floors, architectural elements, outdoor furniture, polished countertops, and more. This robust 2007 edition of Decorative Concrete adds 100 new photos plus nearly 50 pages, showcasing the myriad ways that concrete can be used to replace dated structural elements and add creative flair. Explicit how-to guidelines give homeowners the confidence to do-it-themselves or supervise an outside contractor with authority.
* Updated, expanded 2nd edition of this popular Sunset home-improvement manual
* Inspiring photo galleries (100 more images than previous edition) that illustrate how concrete can be used to infuse style inside and out
* Design ideas and instructions that address concrete solutions for fireplace surrounds, tabletops, sinks, counters, floors, stepping-stones, pathways, garden planters, garden art, and more
* Special emphasis on decorative finishing techniques, including surface designs, paint treatments, texturing with mosaics and insets, plus carving, sculpting, and polishing
* Step-by-step how-to photos and directions for more than 16 concrete projects
What Our Readers Are Saying