- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Other titles in the Cooking Light series:
All-New Complete Cooking Light Cookbookby Cooking Light
Synopses & Reviews
This is the biggest, most complete cookbook in Cooking Light history! Every appetizer, side, entrée and dessert is guaranteed to be the most temptingly delicious, decadent food you’ve ever tasted…yet they’re all light and healthy. If you have only one light cookbook in your collection, this is the one you need to help you cook and eat smart. You'll find:
* Over 1,000 Top-Rated, Kitchen-Tested Recipes These are the recipes our staff returns to over and over—the ones we (and our readers) consider the “essential” light recipes.
* Over 500 Color Photographs Mouthwatering photos will inspire you to make the recipe, and technique photos will guide you through the process.
* Classic Makeovers—We show you how to lighten favorite recipes without losing flavor, and before and after numbers reveal the difference.
* Test Kitchen Tips—From mastering perfectly-risen fluffy biscuits to grilling a flawless, juicy steak every time—these and many more secrets to cooking success come straight from our kitchens to yours.
* Step-by-Step Techniques—Whether you’re an experienced cook or a novice, our how-to instructions and color photos take the guesswork out of preparing light-as-air layer cakes, making creamy béchamel sauce, and more. In addition to over 1,000 fabulous recipes, you’ll also get:
* 5 Keys to Healthy Cooking
* Nutrient analysis for every recipe
* 50 menus, including our Top 10 Quick & Easy menus and menu-planning secrets
* Prep and cook times for every recipe
* Quick & Easy, Make Ahead, and Freezable recipes identified in Index
* Entertaining Guide and tips for table settings
* The ultimate Pantry Checklist
* Wine tips
* Glossary and substitution lists
Most of us simply aren't willing to sacrifice culinary excellence for meals that are "good for us." It's no wonder, then, that Cooking Light is America's leading epicurean magazine and the most trusted authority on healthy cooking. And this newest hardcover beauty is the most comprehensive collection of 1,000 top-rated, double-tested, healthy, yet rich and tasty recipes ever combined in one cookbook.
"Cooking Light," a trusted authority on healthy cooking, presents a comprehensive collection of 1,000 top-rated, double-tested, healthy, yet rich and tasty recipes. It includes 50 new and varied menu options and more than 200 photographs that simplify cooking methods.
About the Author
Launched in 1987, Cooking Light is America’s favorite food magazine. Every month, more than 11 million readers turn to it for the freshest ideas in food and fitness to help them eat smart, be fit, and live well.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like