- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Ring Binder
Ships in 1 to 3 days
The Taste of Home Baking Bookby Taste Of Home
Synopses & Reviews
The Taste of Home Baking Book is the ideal kitchen companion for anyone who enjoys making and sharing irresistible, fresh-from-the-oven treats! For the first time ever, the very best baking secrets from readers of Taste of Home magazine have been collected and specially selected to give you?
* 725+ RECIPES AND VARIATIONS, all tested, tasted, and approved by the Taste of Home editors and Test Kitchen staff.
* SIMPLE, STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS and quick-read ingredient lists to make baking a snap.
* 675+ COLOR PHOTOS of finished recipes, common ingredients and baking how-to?s.
* 13 COMPREHENSIVE CHAPTERS covering all the delicacies you love to make, including cookies, brownies, bars, pies, cakes, breads and more!
* PREP AND BAKE TIMES for every recipe to help plan your kitchen time.
* 150+ PRACTICAL, PROVEN TIPS for delicious results every time?plus handy reference charts.
* AT-A-GLANCE, ALPHABETICAL LISTS for each chapter and complete subject and reference indexes.
Whether you?re a novice or an experienced home baker, you?ll discover scrumptious sweets, savory treats and batches of delectable, oven-fresh ideas for any occasion in The Taste of Home Baking Book.
"Fans of home-baked sweets need look no further than this massive collection of more than 700 recipes submitted by Taste of Home readers, which covers everything-and its variations (Apple Coffee Cake, Zucchini Oat Muffins, etc.). Designed with the user in mind, the book is organized by type of baked good (cookies, bars, pies and tarts, desserts, savory and sweet yeast breads, etc.) and augmented with helpful tabs and a comprehensive index. Once the flour starts to fly, readers can use the thick plastic page protectors included to keep pages clean, and sturdy ring-bound construction ensures it will hold up to frequent use. Submissions come from all over the country, ranging from regional favorites like Old-Fashioned Raisin Pie (from Illinois) and Fruit-Filled Kolachkes, a fluffy Polish pastry, to classics like Bread Pudding and Lemon Bars. Purists may scoff at some recipes and techniques (such as German Chocolate Cookies that call for a box of German chocolate cake mix) but the focus here is the end result. Rounded out with tips on everything from shipping cookies to creating chocolate 'clay' that can be molded and used as accoutrement, the authors have achieved an exceedingly thorough resource; this brilliantly conceived title should top the list for anyone looking for their first book on baking." Publishers Weekly (Starred Review) (Copyright Reed Business Information, Inc.)
Readers will have quick access to everything inside this comprehensive baking guide with a complete alphabetical listing on each chapter divider, a subject index, and a reference index. Special features include a binder that lies flat, snap-in splash guards, and pocketed pages to store personal baking recipes.Readers Digest
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like