- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Simulation With Arena (5TH 10 - Old Edition)by W. David Kelton
Synopses & Reviews
Simulation with Arena provides a comprehensive treatment of simulation using industry-standard Arena software. The text starts by having the reader develop simple high-level models, and then progresses to advanced modeling and analysis. Statistical design and analysis of simulation experiments is integrated with the modeling chapters, reflecting the importance of mathematical modeling of these activities.
An informal, tutorial writing style is used to aid the beginner in fully understanding the ideas and topics presented. The academic version of Arena and example files are available through the book's website.
Verified instructors can also download a 30-seat site license of Arena for use in their course.
Table of Contents
1. What Is Simulation?
3. A Guided Tour Through Arena
5. Modeling Detailed Operations
7. Intermediate Modeling and Steady-State Statistical Analysis
9. A Sampler of Further Modeling Issues and Techniques
11. Continuous and Combined Discrete/Continuous Models
13. Conducting Simulation Studies Appendix A: A Functional Specification for The Washington Post Appendix B: A Refresher on Probability and Statistics Appendix C: Arenas Probability Distributions Appendix D: Academic Software Installation Instructions