- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
A History of American Businessby Keith L., Jr. Bryant
Synopses & Reviews
A chronological/topical survey of business history in America. Designed as a core text.
Book News Annotation:
A general survey of the subject to accompany an elementary college- level business course.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Table of Contents
1. “The Business of America Is Business.”
2. The Merchant Capitalists.
3. The Colonial Merchants.
4. Early American Manufacture.
6. The Expansion of Commerce.
7. Railroads and Business Expansion.
8. Transportation and the Marketplace.
9. The Energy Industries.
10. Giant Enterprise.
11. Advertising and the Mass Media.
12. The American Insurance Industry.
13. Banking and Finance.
14. Foreign Trade.
15. The Modern Corporate Image.
16. Government and the Economy.
17. War and Business.
18. Government Regulatory Agencies.
20. Multinational Corporations.
21. Profits and Losses.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like