- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
Used Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
Liberalism and Its Challengers : From FDR To Bush (2ND 92 Edition)by Alonzo L. Hamby
Synopses & ReviewsPlease note that used books may not include additional media (study guides, CDs, DVDs, solutions manuals, etc.) as described in the publisher comments.
This new edition covers both of Reagan's terms of office as well as the Bush administration.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 397-418) and index.
Table of Contents
1. The Founding Father: Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. The Commoner: Harry S. Truman
3. The Crisis and Regeneration of Republican Conservatism: Dwight D. Eisenhower, Robert A. Taft, and Joseph R. McCarthy
4. The Politics of Prophecy: Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. From the Old Politics to the New: John and Robert Kennedy
6. The Politics of Excess: Lyndon B. Johnson
7. The Flawed Challenger: Richard M. Nixon
8. The Roosevelt of the Right: Ronald Reagan
Epilogue: The Exhaustion of Liberalism, the Limits of Conservatism, and the Enduring Deadlock of Democracy
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
History and Social Science » Politics » General