- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Other titles in the Learning series:
Synopses & Reviews
Get Started Fast with Professional-Quality CSS3 Animation!
For web designers and developers building rich web and mobile applications, standards-based CSS3 is the future! Learning CSS3 Animations and Transitions is the only tutorial focused entirely on creating quality animations and transitions with CSS3. Leading web developer and trainer Alexis Goldstein covers everything web professionals need to know through solid examples that help you build your skills one step at a time.
If you’re ready to move on from Adobe® Flash® Technology, and create dynamic, motion-rich experiences for today’s browsers and mobile devices, Learning CSS3 Animations and Transitions is your fastest route to success!
• Employing free tools to make the most of CSS3’s capabilities
• Supporting vendor-specific prefixes and checking for HTML5 support
• Leveraging the full power of CSS3 transforms
• Combining transforms with transitions to animate changes over time
• Using keyframe animations to gain fine-grained control over every moment of your animation
• Building 3D-like effects without 3D manipulation
• Using 3D transform properties to control depth
• Creating powerful effects that combine 2D/3D transforms, transitions, and keyframe animations
• Bringing text to life with animation techniques and jQuery
• Creating full-fledged cartoon-style animations
• Visualizing data through animated and interactive infographics
For web developers building rich web and mobile applications, standards-based CSS3 offers powerful advantages over traditional Flash-based approaches - and since Apple's immensely popular iPad and iPhone don't support Flash, moving to CSS3 has become even more urgent. However, most CSS3 guides focus primarily on the basics, frustrating web developers who want to do sophisticated work. Learning CSS3 Animations and Transitions is the first book focused entirely on creating production-quality rich animations and transitions with CSS3. Leading web development trainer Alexis Goldstein covers everything web developers need to know, teaching through solid examples that help web professionals build their skills one step at a time. Readers will learn how to: * Create 2D transforms that serve as the foundation for CSS3 animations * Use transitions to make changes come alive * Master essential keyframing techniques * Combine transitions, transforms, and parallax scrolling in immersive web experiences * Transform in 3D, and animate 3D transforms * Creating increasingly complex and Flash-style animations * Build powerfully effective interactive infographics with CSS3 and HTML5 * And much more...
About the Author
Alexis Goldstein first taught herself HTML while a high school student in the mid-1990s and went on to get a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Columbia University. Alexis previously co-authored the book HTML5 & CSS3 for the Real World with Louis Lazaris and
Estelle Weyl. Alexis began her career with a seven-year stint in technology on Wall Street, where she worked in both the cash equity and equity derivative spaces at three major firms and learned to love daily code reviews. Alexis now runs a software development and training company, aut faciam LLC. She also teaches with Girl Develop It in New York, a group that conducts low-cost programming classes for women, and is a member of NYC Resistor in Brooklyn. In her spare time, you can find Alexis organizing with affinity groups of Occupy Wall Street in New York City.
Table of Contents
Tools and Approaches
1. Transforms: Before We Animate
2. Transitions: Making Changes Come Alive
3. Basic Keyframe Animations
4. Immersive Web Experiences: Parallax Scrolling, Transitions and Transforms
5. 3D Transforms
6. Animating 3D Transforms
7. Complex Animations: It's Not a Video... It's CSS3!
8. Flash-Style Animations with Keyframes
9. Interactive Infographics
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Computers and Internet » Computer Languages » HTML