- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
11th Hour Introduction to Microbiology (11th Hour)by Blackwell Science
Synopses & Reviews
The 11th Hour Series of revision guides have been designed for quick reference.
The organisation of these books will involve students actively in the learning process and reinforcement of concepts. At the end of each chapter there will be a test including multiple choice questions, true/false questions and short answer questions, every answer will involve an explanation. Each book will contain icons in the text indicating additional support on a dedicated web-page.
Students having difficulties with their courses will find this an excellent way to raise their grades.
Table of Contents
Unit I: Structure, Physiology, and Control of Microorganisms.
1. Introduction to Microbiology.
2. Chemistry Background for Microbiology.
3. Microbial Structure.
4. Microbial Growth.
5. Energy Metabolism: Respiration, Fermentation, and Photosynthesis.
6. Catabolic and Anabolic Pathways of Microorganisms.
7. Microbial Taxonomy.
8. Control of Microorganisms.
Unit II: Microbial Genetics.
10. Microbial Genetics: Reproduction and Metabolic Regulation.
11. Microbial Genetics: Transfer of Genetic Information Among Bacteria.
Unit III: Medical Microbiology, Immunology, Environmental and Applied Microbiology.
12. Symbiotic Associations, Microbial Pathogenicity, and Epidemiology.
13. Host Defense Mechanisms - Nonspecific.
14. Host Defense: Immunology - Characterization of Antigens and Antibodies.
15. Antigen-Antibody Reactions in Host Defense and in Serology.
16. Infectious Diseases Caused by Bacteria.
17. Infectious Diseases Caused by Viruses.
18. Diseases Caused by Protozoa, Fungi, and Algae.
19. Environmental Microbiology.
20. Biotechnology and Applied Microbiology.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like