- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
The Self-Propelled Advantage: The Parent's Guide to Raising Independent, Motivated Kids Who Learn with Excellenceby Joanne Calderwood
Synopses & Reviews
If you know there has to be a better way to educate your children, but you don’t quite know what it is, "The Self-Propelled Advantage" is for you!
Discover "The Parent’s Guide to Raising Independent, Motivated Kids Who Learn with Excellence."
What if there was a way to
- Raise children who cheerfully do what they are supposed to do, when they are supposed to do it, without fussing and fighting and warring with parents and siblings, and who treat you with respect?
- Know for sure that your children are receiving the best education available to them, and if not, make a change?
- Raise children who set their own educational goals and work with excellence to achieve them on a daily basis without the need for parents or a teacher to watch over them and keep them on task?
- Give your children an educational advantage that enables them to go to their first-choice college for free?
- Develop unbreakable bonds with your children that last a lifetime?
- Raise children whose ordinary is extraordinary?
"The Self-Propelled Advantage":
- Recognizes that you are the expert on your home and family.
- Supports you in your right to choose how your children can best be educated.
- Shares with you the three-pronged approach that will enable you and your kids to achieve all six of the bullet points listed above — and more!
Joanne Calderwood has been a popular magazine columnist for several years and has become a very popular speaker at home-education conferences across the country. Her self-propelled philosophy of education has transformed lives across the nation and the world. She is considered a “Mom Magnet” due to her down-to-earth persona and ability to speak to the real issues of parenting in the twenty-first century. "The Self-Propelled Advantage" is a complete synopsis of her wisdom, experience, and philosophy of education and parenting, as borne out in the lives of her own exceptional children. This book will be extremely popular with anyone who currently places a high value on the education of their children.
"The Self-Propelled Advantage" also contains valuable information on preparing for college entrance exams like the SAT and ACT. With one SAT perfect scorer, one near-perfect scorer, and four students who have gone to college on full academic scholarships, she has the results to provide provenance to her work.
About the Author
Joanne Calderwood is a professional educator-turned-mom who has a heart for teaching parents to teach their kids to teach themselves with excellence and motivation. She holds a B.S. in Elementary Education and has been actively working with children for over twenty-five years. She has been a youth director, a houseparent at a children’s home, a fourth grade teacher, and has borne her own eight children. Her first four home-educated, self-propelled children have all attended the colleges of their choice on full academic scholarships. She has been a regular columnist in Homeschool Enrichment magazine for several years, where her column, “The Underwhelmed Homeschooler,” with its revolutionary methods and loving, gracious style has encouraged, blessed and de-stressed thousands of parents. Joanne is the founder of URtheMom.com, where she encourages parents to let go of the bicycle and watch with amazement.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Average customer rating based on 1 comment:
Education » General