- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
More copies of this ISBN
An Economic Theory of Democracyby Rudolf Steiner
Synopses & Reviews
Includes bibliographical references (p. 301-304) and index.
Table of Contents
I. BASIC STRUCTURE OF THE MODEL.
2. Party Motivation and the Function of Government in Society.
3. The Basic Logic of Voting.
4. The Basic Logic of Government Decision-Making.
II. THE GENERAL EFFECTS OF UNCERTAINTY.
5. The Meaning of Uncertainty.
6. How Uncertainty Affects Government Decision-Making.
7. The Development of Political Ideologies as Means of Getting Votes.
8. The Statics and Dynamics of Party Ideologies
9. Problems of Rationality Under Coalition Governments.
10. Government Vote-Maximizing and Individual Marginal Equilibrium.
III. SPECIFIC EFFECTS OF INFORMATION COSTS.
11. The Process of Becoming Informed.
12. How Rational Citizens Reduce Information Costs.
13. The Returns From Information and Their Diminution.
14. The Causes and Effects of Rational Abstention.
IV. DERIVATIVE IMPLICATIONS AND HYPOTHESIS.
15. A Comment on Economic Theories of Government Behavior.
16. Testable Prepositions Derived from the Theory.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like