- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
This title in other editions
Other titles in the E-Business Solutions series:
Breakthrough Technology Project Managementby Bennet P. Lientz
Synopses & Reviews
While there are many books of methods and tools in different areas, project management has few books that actually give detailed tips and lessons on how to effectively set up and manage projects. Most devote all their space to specific methods.
Breakthrough Technology Project Management provides tangible guidelines through examples and suggestions to help people participate in and manage projects more effectively. The authors' techniques and guidelines have been proven over the past 15 years in courses and counseling. Their experience is that many project managers have knowledge of basic definitions, but do not have the training or skills to actually manage the projects effectively. This book is a valuable tool for those working in information systems, engineering, computer science, operations and production, and other environments involving project management.
*Illustrates how to carry out collaborative scheduling and planning for large-scale computer systems projects
* Addresses over 100 issues that are encountered in real world systems and software projects
* Distinguishes itself from other PM books by addressing the how and not the what of project management
* Contains over 250 guidelines and lessons learned in all phases of systems project management
* Offers specific direction on how to deal with a project crisis and how to turn around a failing project
* Contains examples from computing, banking, manufacturing, insurance, government, medical care, transportation, retailing, and distribution
* Includes specific chapters on wide area networks, intranets, client-server systems, and large scale, integrated software packages
* Combines informal writing style with logical organization, making it easy for the reader to access guidelines and lessons learned
Book News Annotation:
Addresses such issues as project management strategy; engaging multiple projects; establishing projects and project plans; managing a range of high-technology projects, including software development and implementation, and technology and networking; and coping with specific issues related to personnel, management, technology, vendors, and contractors. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Tangible guidelines through examples and suggestions help people participate in and manage projects more effectively. The authors' techniques and guidelines have been proven over the past 15 years in courses and counseling.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 283) and index.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like