- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Ibm Cognos Business Intelligence V10: the Complete Guideby Sangeeta Gautam
Synopses & Reviews
Maximize the Value of Business Intelligence with IBM Cognos v10 — Hands-on, from Start to Finish
This easy-to-use, hands-on guide brings together all the information and insight you need to drive maximum business value from IBM Cognos v10. Long-time IBM Cognos expert and product designer Sangeeta Gautam thoroughly illuminates Cognos BI v10’s key capabilities: analysis, query, reporting, and dashboards.
Gautam shows how to take full advantage of each key IBM Cognos feature, including brand-new innovations such as Active Reports and the new IBM Cognos Workspace report consumption environment. She concludes by walking you through successfully planning and implementing an integrated business intelligence solution using IBM’s best-practice methodologies. The first and only guide of its kind, IBM Cognos Business Intelligence v10 offers expert insights for BI designers, architects, developers, administrators, project managers, nontechnical end-users, and partners throughout all areas of the business—from sales and marketing to operations and lines of business. If you’re pursuing official IBM Cognos certification, you’ll also find Cognos certification sample questions and information to help you with the certification process.
• Understanding IBM Cognos BI’s components and open, extensible architecture
• Working with IBM Cognos key “studio” tools: Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Report Studio, and Event Studio
• Developing and managing powerful reports that draw on the rich capabilities of IBM Cognos Workspace and Workspace Advanced
• Designing Star Schema databases and metadata models to answer the questions your organization cares about most
• Efficiently maintaining and systematically securing IBM Cognos BI environments and their objects
• Using IBM Cognos Connection as your single point of entry to all corporate data
• Building interactive, easy-to-manage Active Reports for casual business users
• Using new IBM Cognos BI v10.1 Dynamic Query Mode (DQM) to improve performance with complex heterogeneous data
• Identifying, exploring, and exploiting hidden data relationships
• Creating quick ad hoc queries that deliver fast answers
• Establishing user and administrator roles
This easy-to-use, hands-on book brings together all the information and insight IBM Cognos 10 professionals have been searching for. IBM Cognos insider Sangeeta Gautam thoroughly explains all five of Cognos 10's key capabilities: analysis, query, reporting, dashboards, and scorecards. Gautam shows how to use each feature, and walks through successfully planning and implementing an integrated business intelligence solution encompassing all of them. The first and only guide of its kind, Unleashing the Power of IBM Cognos Business Intelligence v10 offers expert insights for implementers, administrators, and non-technical end-users. Readers who are pursuing official IBM Cognos certification will also find end-of-chapter quizzes and hands-on exercises to systematically check their knowledge and help them prepare for their exams. Coverage includes: * Understanding IBM Cognos 10 business intelligence * Exploring IBM Cognos architecture and the IBM Cognos Connection * Working with IBM Cognos' key "studio" tools: Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Report Studio, and Event Studio * Using Business Insight and Business Insight Advanced * Developing Active Reports * Using the Framework Manager development toolset * Securing IBM Cognos environments and their objects * Maintaining IBM Cognos BI applications * Using best-practice methodologies to manage IBM Cognos projects from start to finish
About the Author
Sangeeta Gautam joined IBM (USA) in 2002 as a part of Pricewaterhouse Consulting acquisition, after nearly 10 years of experience in the field of Information Technology working in India and Thailand. Since coming to IBM she has served as Cognos Subject Matter Expert and has been teaching Cognos at IBM for last 4 years.
She has over 10 years of hands-on experience working with Cognos and has worked as Technical Lead in both private and public sector projects. She took on multiple lead roles for IBMs product design and development of WorkForce Analytics working closely with Cognos Software Development group. Sangeeta also works with IBM Cognos 8 product development team and contributes to the look and feel design of IBM Cognos 8. She was also co-presenter at Cognos User Forum in Boston presenting with a client the Cognos solution in education industry.
While working with Tata Unisys Sangeeta developed the FoxPro course book which was published and used by Tata Unisys Education Centers and their corporate programs in India.
A mathematician by education, Sangeeta is also a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP). She specializes in the field of data warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions.
Table of Contents
Introduction: How to Use this Book
Part I. Introduction to IBM Cognos BI
1. Introduction to IBM Cognos BI
2. IBM Cognos Architecture Overview
3. Explore IBM Cognos Connection
Part II. Working with IBM Cognos Studios
4. Analysis Studio
5. Query Studio
6. Report Studio
7. Event Studio
8. Business Insight
9. Business Insight Advanced
10. Active Reports
Part III. Developer Tools
11. Framework Manager
Part IV. Secure IBM Cognos Environment
12. Secure IBM Cognos Environment and its Objects
Part V. Maintain IBM Cognos BI Applications
13. Maintain Your IBM Cognos BI Application
Part VI. Managing IBM Cognos Project
14. Manage IBM Cognos Project: An Overview
What Our Readers Are Saying
Business » Business Plans