- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Autocad 2014 for Interior Design and Space Planning (15 Edition)by Beverly M. Kirkpatrick
Synopses & Reviews
AutoCAD 2015 for Interior Design and Space Planning helps students understand the commands and features of AutoCAD 2015 and demonstrates how to use the program to complete interior design and space planning projects. Covering both two- and three-dimensional drawings, the text provides abundant exercises that walk students step-by-step through the use of AutoCAD prompts and commands. Using numerous illustrations, the text captures the essence of this powerful program and the importance it plays in the interior design, architecture and space planning professions. Features include:
· Covers new AutoCAD 2015 interface
· Progresses from basic commands to complex drawing exercises.
· Provides over 100 exercises and projects.
· Highlights seven projects appropriate for interior design, space planning and architecture students.
· Includes coverage of the AutoCAD DesignCenter
· Covers solid modeling in two chapters
About the Author
Beverly Kirkpatrick (Port St. Lucie, FL) has worked with AutoCAD for over 30 years in Interior Design and Education. In the interior design field she was employed to do interior design, space planning and finish schedules for commercial projects such as elementary schools, banks, hospitals, churches, and car dealerships. She held the titles of Interior Designer, Project Manager and Design Director. She has taught AutoCAD in both community colleges and high schools. She is the co-author of AutoCAD for Interior Design and Space Planning which was published first in 1992.
James Kirkpatrick (Port St. Lucie, FL) has worked with AutoCAD for over 40 years. He started his drawing career as a design drafter and technical illustrator. He has taught AutoCAD in community colleges and industry. James is the founder of a cooperative education program at El Centro College and began the AutoCAD Training Center at Eastfield College. He was the CAD Program Chair for 30 years and recently retired from full-time teaching. He is the author and co-author of over 30 books on drafting and design. James holds BIA, MEd and EdD degrees.
Hossein Assadipour (Upper Montclair, NJ) is a CAD expert and has been teaching for over 30 years. He is currently Professor in the Engineering Technology & Computer Science Department at Essex County College, an adjunct professor in the Engineering & Computer Science Department at New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) in Newark, NJ; and adjunct faculty in the Math & Computer Science Department at Rutgers University. He teaches courses in CAD, CNC, CAM, Manufacturing Materials & Processes, and Robotics. He is the author of Learning AutoCAD in 20 Projects and Learning MicroStation in 20 Projects with West Educational Publishing.
Table of Contents
Part I: Preparing to Draw with AutoCAD
1. Introducing the AutoCAD User Interface
Part II: Two-Dimensional AutoCAD
2. Quick-Start Tutorials: Basic Settings and Commands
3. Drawing with AutoCAD: Conference and Lecture Rooms
4. Adding Text and Tables to the Drawing
5. Advanced Plotting: Using Plot Styles, Paper Space, Multiple Viewports, and PDF Files.
6. Drawing the Floor Plan: Walls, Doors, and Windows
7. Dimensioning and Area Calculations
8. Drawing Elevations, Sections, and Details
9. Drawing the Furniture Installation Plan, Adding Specifications, and Extracting Data
10. Design Center, Autodesk Seek, Dynamic Blocks, and External References
11. Drawing the Reflected Ceiling Plan and Voice/Data/Power Plan
12. Creating Presentations with Layouts and Making a Style Sheet
13. Isometric Drawing and Gradient Hatch Rendering
Part III: Three-Dimensional AutoCAD
14. Solid Modeling
15. Advanced Modeling
Appendix A: Keyboard Shortcuts
Appendix B: Shortcut and Temporary Override Keys
Appendix C: Floor Plans and Interior Elevations of a 15-Unit Condominium Building
What Our Readers Are Saying