- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
RPG IV Programming on the AS/400by Stanley E. Meyers
Synopses & Reviews
This book is dedicated RPG IV Programming language and the AS/400 environment. The book includes over 60 compiled RPG IV listings documented with a line by line explanation of the instructions and or annotated comments. The author has included over 500 figures and he addresses other important AS/400 software with separate appendices for SEU, PDM, DFU, SDA and interactive debugging. Every chapter includes a summary, review questions, and programming assignments.
Book News Annotation:
Designed for those new to RPG IV, this text provides 70 compiled PRG IV program listings with compiler specific details; line-by-line explanations of the syntax and processing logic of the compiled listings; and coverage of topics unique to the AS/400 environment, including physical files, logical files, subfiles, printer files, windowing, and control language programming. Appendices address other important AS/400 software, allowing students to use the software without referring to the complex IBM manuals.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Table of Contents
1. The AS/400 Environment.
2. Physical Files.
3. Introduction to RPG IV Programming.
4. Report Headings and Editing.
5. EVAL Expression and Arithmetic Functions.
6. RPG/400 Structured Operations for Decision Making, Branching, and Looping Control.
7. Internal Subroutines, and Control Breaks.
8. Data Structures and Data Areas.
9. Table Processing.
10. Array Processing.
11. RPG IV Character Manipulation Operations, Built-In Functions (BIFs), and Data/Time Operations.
12. Data Validation (Batch Mode).
13. Physical File Maintenance (Batch Mode).
14. Display Files.
15. Interactive Processing.
17. Logical Files.
18. Printer Files.
19. Calling Programs in the ILE RPG IV Environment.
20. Control Language Programming.
Appendix A. Source Entry Utility (SEU).
Appendix B. Programming Development Manager (PDM).
Appendix C. Data File Utility (DFU).
Appendix D. Screen Design Aid Utility (SDA).
Appendix E. Program Debugging.
Appendix F. The RPG Logic Cycle.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like