- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Modern Control Theoryby William L. Brogan
Synopses & Reviews
Book News Annotation:
For engineers working on guidance, navigation and control problems, and those in industrial process control. Includes a review of system modeling and classical linear control in the transform domain, and develops linear algebra/matrix theory required for state variable analysis. Presents dynamical systems and their fundamental properties and gives design methods of pole-placement/observers and optimal control theory.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Table of Contents
1. Background and Preview.
2. Highlights of Classical Control Theory.
3. State Variables and the State Space Description of Dynamic Systems.
4. Fundamentals of Matrix Algebra.
5. Vectors and Linear Vector Spaces.
6. Simultaneous Linear Equations.
7. Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors.
8. Functions of Square Matrices and the Cayley-Hamilton Theorem.
9. Analysis of Continuous and Discrete Time State Equations.
11. Controllability and Observability for Linear Systems.
12. The Relationship between State Variable and Transfer Function Descriptions of Systems.
13. Design of Linear Feedback Control Systems.
14. An Introduction to Optimal Control Theory.
15. An Introduction to Nonlinear Control Systems.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like