- Used Books
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
- Let's Talk Books
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
This item may be
Check for Availability
Petroleum Production Systems
Synopses & Reviews
Written by petroleum production engineers with extensive industrial as well as teaching experience, this is the only available advanced and comprehensive engineering textbook for petroleum reservoir and production engineering. Provides extensive coverage of well deliverability from oil, gas and two-phase reservoirs, wellbore flow performance, modern well test and production log analysis, matrix stimulation, hydraulic fracturing, artificial lift and environmental concerns. For advanced undergraduate and graduate students in petroleum engineering schools or professional courses, as well as for practicing petroleum engineers and technicians.
Providing comprehensive coverage of the key facets of petroleum production engineering, this volume synthesizes reservoir and well performance with an emphasis on wellbore flow considerations. Authors Michael J. Economides, A. Daniel Hill, and Christine Ehlig-Economides merge their individual areas of expertise to offer readers a cohesive examination of the field of petroleum production engineering.
Table of Contents
1. The Role of Petroleum Production Engineering.
2. Production from Undersaturated Oil Reservoirs.
3. Production from Two-Phase Reservoirs.
4. Production from Natural Gas Reservoirs.
5. The Near-Wellbore Condition and Damage Characterization; Skin Effects.
6. Gravel Pack Completions.
7. Wellbore Flow Performance.
8. Well Deliverability.
9. Forecast of Well Production.
10. Wellhead and Surface Gathering Systems.
11. Modern Well Test Analysis.
12. Well Test Design and Data Acquisition.
13. Production Logging Measurements and Analysis.
14. Well Diagnosis with Production Logging.
15. Pressure Transient Testing with Measured Sandface Flow Rates.
16. Gas Well Testing.
17. Matrix Simulation-Chemistry of Acid Rock Reactions.
18. Sandstone Acidizing Design.
19. Carbonate Acidizing Design.
20. Hydraulic Fracturing for Well Simulation.
21. Design of Hydraulic Fracture Treatments.
22. The Performance of Hydraulically-Fractured and Long-Flowing Wells.
23. Gas Lift.
24. Pump-Assisted Lift.
25. Petroleum System Analysis.
26. Environmental Issues in Petroleum Production.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Engineering » Civil Engineering » Geology and Mining