- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Trade Paper
Currently out of stock.
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
More copies of this ISBN
Water Quality Management #0001: Water Quality Characteristics: Modeling and Modificationby George Tchonbanoglous
Synopses & Reviews
Water Quality provides a comprehensive introduction to water quality management. The book progresses in a logical fashion from the characterization of water quality to the significance of the various contaminants, to the methods used to describe changes in the environment, to waste and wastewater treatment. Creative solutions to water quality management problems based on scientific principles, fundamental relationships, and phenomena are stressed throughout the text.
The unit operations and processes introduced in Volume l are examined in detail in Volume ll. Application of fundamental principles and rational design concepts is emphasized. Special attention is devoted to the selection of design flow and process loading rates. The relationships between water and wastewater characteristics and treatment plant performance are stressed.
Table of Contents
1. Sources and Uses of Water.
2. Physical, Chemical, and Biological Characteristics of Water.
3. Significance of the Characteristics of Water.
4. Water Quality: Standards and Global Perspectives.
5. Stoichiometry, Reaction Kinetics, and Materials Balances.
6. Mathematical Models of Physical Systems.
7. Movement of Contaminants in the Environment.
8. Water Quality in Rivers and Estuaries and Near Ocean Outfalls.
9. Water Quality in Lakes and Reservoirs.
10. Water Quality in Groundwater Systems.
11. Introduction to Water and Wastewater Treatment.
12. Physical Treatment Methods.
13. Chemical Treatment Methods.
14. Biological Treatment Methods.
15. Synthesizing Water and Wastewater Treatment Systems.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Engineering » Engineering » General Engineering