- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Classical Mechanics 3RD Editionby Herbert Goldstein
Synopses & Reviews
For 30 years, this book has been the acknowledged standard in advanced classical mechanics courses. This classic book enables readers to make connections between classical and modern physics — an indispensable part of a physicist's education. In this new edition, Beams Medal winner Charles Poole and John Safko have updated the book to include the latest topics, applications, and notation to reflect today's physics curriculum.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 617-621) and indexes.
Table of Contents
1. Survey of the Elementary Principles.
2. Variational Principles and Lagrange's Equations.
UPDATED! 3. The Central Force Problem.
4. The Kinematics of Rigid Body Motion.
5. The Rigid Body Equations of Motion.
UPDATED! 6. Oscillations.
REVISED! 7. The Classical Mechanics of the Special Theory of Relativity.
8. The Hamiltonian Equations of Motion.
9. Canonical Transformations.
10. Hamilton-Jacobi Theory and Action Angle Variables.
NEW! 11. Classical Chaos.
REVISED! 12. Canonical Perturbation Theory.
13. Introduction to Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Formulations for Continuous Systems and Fields.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like