- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
American Indian History Day by Day: A Reference Guide to Eventsby Roger M. Carpenter
Synopses & Reviews
Encompassing more than 500 years, American Indian History Day by Day: A Reference Guide to EventS≪/i> is a marvelous research tool. Students will learn what occurred on a specific day, read a brief description of events, and find suggested books and websites they can turn to for more information. The guide's unique treatment and chronological arrangement make it easy for students to better understand specific events in Native American history and to trace broad themes across time.
The book covers key occurrences in Native American history from 1492 to the present. It discusses native interactions with European explorers, missionaries and colonists, as well as the shifting Indian policies of the U.S. government since the nation's founding. Contemporary events, such as the opening of Indian casinos, are also covered. In addition to accessing comprehensive information about frequently researched topics in Native American history, students will benefit from discussions of lesser-known subjects and events whose causes and significance are often misunderstood.
Book News Annotation:
The story of Mao (1893-1976), revolutionary leader and statesman, embraces much of the political history of China in the 20th century. This broad field is subdivided and cross-referenced to provide a guide to virtually every book and article written on Mao and available in English. Extensive treatment is accorded to Mao's own writings and the Cultural Revolution.
Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
This unique, day-by-day compilation of important events helps students understand and appreciate five centuries of Native American history.
• Covers key events from over 500 years of Native American history
• Addresses both the most frequently researched topics and events in Native American history and lesser-known events
• Allows readers to easily trace events and issues through time
• Encourages cross comparisons of recurring themes across time
• A chronology provides an at-a-glance overview of 500 years of Native American history
• A bibliography that guides students and other researchers to print and online resources for further information
What Our Readers Are Saying
History and Social Science » Asia » China » Mao Tse Tung