- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
New Mass Market
Ships in 1 to 3 days
The Merck Manual of Health & Agingby Mark H. Beers
Synopses & Reviews
From one of the most trusted names in medical references comes an accessible, all-inclusive guide for older adults that shares what measures to take to optimize the aging process, prevent disease, and improve your overall health. Inside youll discover clear, authoritative information on
• preventive medical care and good nutrition
• common medical disorders in older adults
• strategies for coping with disease
• steps for finding the best in medical care
• how to communicate with health care practitioners
• the role of alternative and complementary medicine
• the benefits and risks of medical tests
• the challenges of caregiving and rehabilitation
• safe, easy-to-follow cardio exercises
Also featuring candid essays by seniors who share their insights and personal experiences on growing older, The Merck Manual of Health & Aging is an essential home reference for making your later years truly golden.
Merck & Co., Inc., is a pharmaceutical company and trusted contributor to world health. Merck produces numerous clinically relevant, scientifically accurate, and affordable medical reference books.
The Merck Manual of Health & Aging was edited by an outstanding staff of experienced editors. The team was led and all content reviewed by a renowned group of geriatricians.
From one of the most trusted names in medical references comes an accessible, all-inclusive guide to the health care system for older adults, and the disorders they are most likely to experience. Inside youll discover
From one of the world's most trusted names in medical references comes this comprehensive guide to the changes and challenges of aging--for older adults and those who care for and about them.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Health and Medicine » Aging