- Used Books
- Kobo eReading
- Staff Picks
- Gifts & Gift Cards
- Sell Books
- Stores & Events
Special Offers see all
More at Powell's
Recently Viewed clear list
New Trade Paper
Ships in 1 to 3 days
More copies of this ISBN
Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins: A Step-By-Step Program for Sleep-Training Your Multiplesby Marc Weissbluth
Synopses & Reviews
From one of the nations most trusted experts on childrens bedtime and nap time comes a new guide for sleep-training twins so that everybody (including Mom and Dad) will be rested and happy!
As parents of twins and multiples know, double the fun can be double the sleep deprivation. Now, in Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins, beloved pediatrician and renowned sleep authority Dr. Marc Weissbluth combines specialized advice for parents of twins with his tried-and-true sleep-training methods to show exhausted moms and dads how to get their babies to sleep on their own, stay asleep, and sleep regularly. This essential step-by-step guide to establishing good sleep patterns reveals how to build healthy habits in twins natural slumber cycles, including
• how healthy sleep differs from “junk” sleep, plus a helpful tutorial on the techniques of sleep training for new parents
• the five ingredients of healthy sleep, and why daytime sleep is different from nighttime sleep but equally important to good health
• why its crucial for babies to master the ability to fall asleep unassisted, without protest or crying, and how to help them do so
• essential tips for synchronizing your twins sleep schedules, plus information about how twins sleep best-when to keep them together, and when its time to separate them
• how to recognize early drowsy cues in your babies so you can catch the sleep wave before it turns into nervous energy that will keep them awake
Sleep-training twins presents a unique set of challenges. This invaluable guide will not only get your babies to sleep through the night but help you stay healthy and rested so you can enjoy the many blessings of having more than one!
From trusted and distinguished pediatrician Dr. Marc Weissbluth, a new guide to sleep for multiples: how to help them get to sleep, sleep regularly, and sleep well
With two or more babies to contend with--and half the parental energy to draw on--it's difficult to establish sleep schedules for multiples. But it's essential if the whole family is going to thrive. Dr. Marc Weissbluth, the beloved author of Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, the bestselling sleep guide for parents of singletons, can help.
Introducing new parents to his unique sleep training techniques--a process for instituting a daily routine and teaching infants to soothe themselves--Weissbluth provides the first step-by-step guide to implementing them with more than one baby. The only guide to establishing good sleep as well as repairing sleep problems in multiples, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins:
-Explains how fraternal and identical twins may sleep train differently--and what to do about it
-Describes ways to get your babies to synchronize their internal clocks and fall asleep at the same time--naturally
-Reveals the common mistakes parents of twins make to get their children to sleep
Helping the whole family get some much-needed rest, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins is a lifesaver of a guide for sleep-deprived new parents.
One of the country's leading researchers updates his revolutionary approach to solving--and preventing--your children's sleep problems
Here Dr. Marc Weissbluth, a distinguished pediatrician and father of four, offers his groundbreaking program to ensure the best sleep for your child. In Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, he explains with authority and reassurance his step-by-step regime for instituting beneficial habits within the framework of your child's natural sleep cycles. This valuable sourcebook contains brand new research that
- Pinpoints the way daytime sleep differs from night sleep and why both are important to your child
- Helps you cope with and stop the crybaby syndrome, nightmares, bedwetting, and more
- Analyzes ways to get your baby to fall asleep according to his internal clock--naturally
- Reveals the common mistakes parents make to get their children to sleep--including the inclination to rock and feed
- Explores the different sleep cycle needs for different temperaments--from quiet babies to hyperactive toddlers
- Emphasizes the significance of a nap schedule
Rest is vital to your child's health growth and development. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child outlines proven strategies that ensure good, healthy sleep for every age. Advises parents dealing with teenagers and their unique sleep problems
From the Trade Paperback edition.
About the Author
MARC WEISSBLUTH, M.D., a pediatrician with thirty-five years of experience, founded the original Sleep Disorders Center at Chicagos Childrens Memorial Hospital and is a professor of clinical pediatrics at Northwestern University School of Medicine. He has lectured extensively to parent groups and has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Weissbluth lives in Chicago, Illinois.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like
Health and Self-Help » Child Care and Parenting » Children's Health